Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-governmental organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And its girls who are most affected. Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children. We have been building powerful partnerships for children for 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries. Child protection is key in all that we do. Working in Zambia since 1996, Plan International Zambia’s development and capacity building programmes focus primarily on Education, Health, Water and Sanitation, Economic Security and Youth Empowerment, including Child Protection and Participation. Plan International Zambia has programme units in; Central, Luapula, and Eastern Provinces including in Lusaka, where the Country Office is located. Plan is seeking suitable persons to fill the positions below:
2 Year contract
• The Gender Specialist position is a full time position.
• He/She will report to the Program and Strategy Manger (PSM).
• The Gender Specialist will have overall responsibility to lead the gender component in the organization.
• He/She will be responsible for ensuring that gender consideration is integrated into all project designs including implementation to ensure that the approach is indeed gender-transformative.
Key areas of responsibility include:
• Lead and support the design of gender transformative approaches, tools and projects.
• Documentation, Reporting and dissemination of outcomes and impact of the projects
• Management, technical support and supervision of the child marriages and gender focused interventions
• Analyze the gender situation, flag gender issues and concerns and recommend ways to address these.
• Mobilization and effective utilization and management of child marriages and gender based programs
• Contributing to strategic leadership and influencing in girls rights for the organization
• University degree in Development studies/Gender studies/Human Rights/Social sciences or Related discipline
• A Master’s Degree or higher will be an added advantage
• 10 Years working experience in the above fields particularly Gender focused projects/programs
• Extensive experience working in the above field of gender and social transformation to include the design and implementation of gender approaches
• Expertise in Gender methodology; concepts and social norms
How to Apply
For full details on the job profile please send an email, clearly stating the job title of interest to. Kindly note that only candidates who meet the above specifications and competencies should apply enclosing their CVs, and photocopies of their relevant academic qualifications. Day time telephone and/or mobile contacts should be clearly indicated. Applications should reach the undersigned below:
The Country Human Resource Manager,
Plan International Zambia,
Private Bag 518X,
87 A Kabulonga road Kabulonga.