Exciting Career Opportunity Ecobank Zambia is a full service bank providing a broad range of products and Services to Consumer, Commercial and Corporate business segments within its 7 branches. The bank’s vision is to build a world-class Pan-African bank and contribute to the economic development and financial integration of Africa by providing customers with convenient, accessible and reliable financial products and services. The bank is an affiliate of the Pan-Africa Leader Ecobank Group which is present in 33 Countries in Africa. In order to respond to our growing market with the required Human Capital, we are currently looking for experienced professionals in the following area:
Reports To: Country Head – Operations And Technology
• This position is a key position in EBS. It is responsible for managing all:
• Implementing EBS Policy guidance on Logistics and Transport, Procurement and Vendor Management, Facility Management and Realty/Property Services.
• Implementing best practice policies and procedures for EBS activities
• Providing Health and Safety guidance to ensure that all Ecobank buildings in the affiliates are structurally sound and safe for operations.
• Managing building projects in the affiliates and providing expertise for their delivery within scope, budget and on time.
• Participate fully all Group Contracts that Group EBS engage in now and in the future.
• High level of professionalism and ethical dealings with all Vendors and service providers.
• Managing Vendor Relationships.
• Manage and co-ordinate Procurement and Vendor Management, Facilities, Property , Logistics and Transport to ensure maximum benefit to Ecobank .
• Ensure Centralization of procurement in the affiliate
• Deliver cost effective projects so as to achieve departmental, functional, and organizational strategic objectives
• Provide guide to Management/Stakeholders on the cost benefit analysis of projects.
• Manage and monitor project finance and cash-flow and maintain financial controls.
• Liaise with finance to capitalize capital project expense in a timely manner so as to commence depreciation
• Proactive performance management of external consultants, develop contractors and vendor / suppliers
• Implement Health and Safety practices to minimize work place injuries/hazards.
• Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
• Recognize success and develop talent within the organization, share skills with other areas of business
• Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises and devise contingency plans
• Manage and monitor lease renewals and rent escalations.
• Provide accurate data on statutory obligations.
• Develop and update Property Schedule.
• Build and sustain strong tenants – landlords relationship vital to the success of the business
• Vet and process Third party payments in a timely and efficient manner to ensure customer satisfaction.
• Leasing with Statutory Bodies and Government agencies to ensure compliance
• Manage the archiving system in the affiliate.
• Manage efficiently all Hard Facility Issues in Ecobank landed properties.
• Implementation of yearly Planned Maintenance works in all Ecobank buildings.
• Budget and monitor expenditure to achieve financial targets.
• Ensure maximum security in all Ecobank buildings.
• Advice on all risks associated with each of the Ecobank property and provides an action plan to remedy/minimize the risk.
• Ensure that all Ecobank buildings are safe for use / occupation.
• Create a conducive and clean environment for staff, customers and visitors.
• Manage and monitor service providers to ensure that they deliver good service at a reasonable Cost.
• Focus on regular monitoring standards and thorough training for team members to enable them performs to meet business needs.
• Exploring, identifying and tracking areas of EBS savings.
• Successful execution of operational management of all EBS activities in the affiliate. Success to encompass meeting financial targets and “value” criteria whilst delivering a quality employee experience & customer experience for all Ecobank buildings.
• Achieving efficiency targets for building utilisation and density of occupation.
• Ensure timely reporting on all lease, valuation, and cost information on all properties in the affiliate.
• Ensure efficient utilization of company transport and logistics
• Recruitment of EBS staff in the affiliate.
• Liaising with Group Head EBS for ensuring appropriate EBS Structure for the affiliate.
• Training, development and motivation of EBS staff.
• Identify and mitigate operational risks.
• Group Head EBS
• Country Operations & Technology Head
• EBS Staff
• Vendors / Suppliers
• Key Facilities Management Service Providers
• Local Authorities and Assemblies
• Contractors & Consultants
• Key Real Estate Service Providers
• Putting Customer first
• Performing through our people
• Delivering results
• Managing a changing environment
• Communicating for impact
• Organizing and prioritizing EBS activities.
• Developing and implementing Logistics, Procurement, Facility management, and Property strategies.
• Actively search out opportunities with major potential service providers
• Promote open, constructive and collaborative relations
• Set business strategy and translate into measurable goals and motivate others to achieve them
• Managing staff, contractors and service suppliers
Know How And Experience:
• Degree in any relevant field
• Project Management knowledge.
• Excellent leadership skills
• Good team player.
• High customer focus
• Strong analytical skills
• Strong communicator
• Strong negotiation Skills
• Programme management skills
• Minimum 7 years post qualification experience
• Professional affiliation to any recognized professional body.
• Post Graduate Degree e.g. MBA
How to Apply
If you meet the requirements above and would like to be part of our vibrant and result oriented team, send your application with detailed Curriculum Vitae including copies of your academic qualifications to either: