Zambia National Commercial Bank Plc (Zanaco) is inviting applications from suitably qualified and experienced individuals for the following job aimed at contributing to the Bank’s strategic vision, in the Finance Division under the Financial Controls Section to be based at Head Office:-
• To contribute to the Bank’s robust and scalable financial controls framework by reviewing, recommending changes and monitoring action plans for control deficiencies identified throughout the Bank.
• To provide guidance to Bank staff in order to embed the Bank’s financial controls.
Under the supervision of the Head Financial Controls, the following are among the Key Job Responsibilities: –
• To implement a financial controls framework, including financial accountabilities and authorities to ensure full compliance with established financial controls.
• To assess and test key Bank-wide processes and controls by performing control design and operating effectiveness assessments.
• To review and recommend required changes in line with best practice as well as assist in the development of business process improvements and monitor implementation of these changes in collaboration with stakeholders.
• To analyse financial risks, review mitigating controls and recommend improvements where changes need to be made in order to avoid operational losses from non-adherence to financial controls.
• To evaluate control deficiencies through balance sheet substantiation and driving resolution of identified weaknesses.
• To perform Bank-wide reconciliation monitoring and reporting and to ascertain the reasonableness, existence, completeness, accuracy and integrity of account balances.
• To provide all required information to internal and external auditors on matters of financial controls.
• To perform ad hoc projects related to financial compliance and other matters.
• To perform all other tasks as may be requested by management.
External: External Auditors, Bank of Zambia
Internal: All Divisions
Qualifications and Experience
• Grade 12 certificate with a minimum of 5 credits, of which English and Mathematics are mandatory.
• University Degree in Accountancy or Finance, or equivalent professional qualification from a recognised institution.
• Must be a member of Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants (ZICA).
• Financial accounting and internal control experience.
• Experience in documenting processes, systems and controls.
• Knowledge of Banking systems and processing activities.
• Five (5) years’ experience in financial management or similar senior role.
Job Core Competencies
• Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
• Analytical thinking and strong problem-solving skills.
• Customer oriented
• Collaboration/Team work
• Interpersonal skills
• Problem-solving ability
• Planning and optimizing skills
• Drive for results
• Attention to detail
• Strong ICT skills with ability to manipulate large volumes of data in ERP and Flexcube systems
How to Apply
All applications must have an application/cover letter and detailed curriculum vitae indicating the position being applied for in the subject line and should be sent by email to: