To assist the Depot Manager with the daily operations, safety and general work around the depot.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
• Understand and discharge the duties of Emergency Response Team (ERT) member
• Performing general housekeeping
• Ensuring everyone in the depot adheres to safety and environmental rules
• Offloading tanker trucks into depot tanks and dispensing products into the customer’s Mining Equipments and Light Vehicles.
• Keeping the depot clean and orderly
• Ensuring all safety equipments are in good working condition at ALL times.
• Conducting depot equipment inspections
• Ensure equipment is used in the safest manner and report malfunctions on time
• Observe measuring instruments i.e. UTimeter, Thermometers, Hydrometers, Dipping tapes and Meters and make sure they are working properly and store them properly
• Request for replenishing inventory as needed
• Determine physical stock position through accurate tank gauging before start of each shift and report any abnormal discrepancy from the previous shift’s closing position to the depot manager immediately
• Determine physical stock position through accurate tank gauging at the end of each shift.
• Meet product quality objectives during receipt and storage in accordance with set guidelines
• Ensure accurate readings and keeping Petro-stock updated
• Maintaining depot safety standards and objectives through participation in safety meetings, safety drills and prompt reporting of anomalies and near-misses on daily and monthly basis
Skills and Personal Attributes
• Attention to detail
• Strong interpersonal
• Team worker Qualifications and Experience
• Grade Twelve Certificate
• Must have a minimum Qualification in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
• A holder of a valid Driving License.
• Must have experience in handling Petroleum and Lubricates
How to apply
Apply online or send your CV and cover letter direct to: