Summary of Key Responsibilities
• Correct unsafe conditions in work area and report any conditions that are not correctable to workshop manager immediately.
• Use diagnostic equipment to evaluate mechanical problems in vehicles.
• Rebuild, replace, or repair vehicle parts such as engines, brakes, transmission lines, electrical assemblies, and accessories.
• Assign all vehicle repairs to personnel and oversee completion.
• Assign welding and minor body work to keep vehicles visually/ mechanically sound.
• Perform routine vehicle maintenance and preventive care.
• Locate and requisition all parts needed for vehicle repair.
• Inspect work performed by mechanics in overhaul and repair of district automotive equipment.
• Review and approve completed work orders.
• Perform safety inspections for all vehicles/ equipment.
• Operate tools, equipment, and machinery according to prescribed safety procedures.
• Keep shop, equipment, and tools in safe operating condition.
• Order equipment and supplies and maintain accurate records.
• Recommend replacement of existing equipment.
• Conduct annual inventory of physical equipment and supplies.
Qualifications and Experience
• Certificate in motor vehicle mechanics
• An Advanced Certificate or Diploma in motor vehicle mechanics will be a plus
• Must have a qualification health and safety in the workplace
• Five years’ experience in vehicle repair/ maintenance
• Minimum two years supervising/ managing experience
• Ability to direct and supervise personnel and coordinate workshop operations
• Good reading and writing skills in English
• Advanced knowledge of automotive mechanics and maintenance
• Ability to operate all tools and equipment involved in vehicle repairs
• Ability to communicate and resolve vehicle breakdowns.
How to apply
Apply online or send your CV and cover letter direct to: