Summary of Key Responsibilities
• Maintaining vehicle functional condition by listening to driver complaints; conducting inspections; repairing engine failures; repairing mechanical systems malfunctions; replacing damaged parts and components.
• Verifying vehicle serviceability by conducting test drives; adjusting controls and systems.
• Complying with company’s HSE requirements by ensuring that tasks are done in a clean and safe environment.
• Accomplishing maintenance and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
• Finding and identifying mechanical faults, for example in the brakes, gears or fuel pumps
• Checking for problems in vehicles with testing equipment connected to the vehicle’s electronic control unit (ECU)
• Advising manager on the repairs needed and how critical they are and the repair time estimates
• Carrying out routine servicing and pre/post trip checks on all company vehicles
• Consulting with other mechanics on issues that seem complex to them
Skills and Personal Attributes
• A flexible attitude
• The ability to be adaptable
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to stay motivated in all circumstances
• Ability to work to tight deadlines
• Ability to pay attention to detail Qualifications and Experience
• Certificate in Motor Vehicle Mechanics
• Ability to operate all tools and equipment involved in the mechanical department.
• Minimum 3 years’ experience as a mechanic.
• Energetic, self-motivated and target orientated.
• Ability to work without supervision in a safe professional manner
• Qualification in health and safety will be a plus
How to apply
Apply online or send your CV and cover letter direct to: