The Workshop Lead/Foreman will plan, assign and review the work of all technicians in the workshop with guidance from the Workshop Manager. Makes recommendations regarding the recruitment/ staff performance and coordinate the need for maintenance and repair of operational equipment with other employees/ departments. Communicate truck priorities and co-ordinate tasks with the operations department.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
• Responsible for producing monthly reports to the workshop manager for their action; these reports
• Managing workshop personnel and machinery for the effective and efficient repair and maintenance of trucks, trailers & equipment.
• Planning and scheduling job flows in accordance with operations’ deadlines, clients’ delivery requirements, and job priorities.
• Monitoring workflow, recognizing and anticipating problems affecting workshop operations, and determining the best solutions.
• Striving to maximize productivity and minimize wastage in workshop operations.
• Ensuring adequate use and maintenance of tools, equipment, machinery, vehicles, and materials in the workshop.
• Maintaining discipline and adherence of workshop personnel to company’s regulations at all times.
• Responsible for the quality of the workmanship involved in all workshop operations.
• Planning, scheduling and follow up of regular, preventive and breakdown maintenance practices for all machines, trucks and equipment.
• Coordinating execution of third party service contracts for repair and maintenance of vehicles and mobile equipment.
• Developing and Maintaining a motor vehicle and equipment plant register, keeping records of all maintenance activities and analysing vehicle costs using the Fleet Maintenance pro system.
• Setting quality assurance compliance objectives to achieve the targets.
• Promoting performance improvement and quality assurance programs in the workshop.
• Ensuring maintenance compliance with international and national legislation and
• Establish and maintain robust supplier management practices, including but not limited to, incoming receiving inspection and supplier quality development.
• Determining relevant quality associated training requirements and delivering training.
• Contemplating the application of health and safety, and environmental standards.
• A leader with strong organizational and management skills
• Energetic, self-motivated and target orientated
• Advanced speaking/ reading and writing skills in the English language
Qualifications and Experience
• Must hold a Degree in an Engineering field
• 3 years’ experience in vehicle repair/ maintenance
• Minimum one (1) year supervising/ managing experience
• Ability to direct and supervise personnel and coordinate workshop operations
• Advanced knowledge of automotive mechanics and maintenance
• Ability to operate all tools and equipment involved in vehicle repairs
• Ability to communicate and resolve vehicle breakdowns.
• Good computer skills in all Microsoft applications, SAP, FMP, BUDINI software’s
• Foundation course in health and safety in the workplace
How to apply
Apply online or send your CV and cover letter direct to: