Summary of Key Responsibilities;
• Have overall responsibility for ensuring that the requirements of this procedure are met.
• Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures and relevant Tanzanian legislation. Supervise daily activities of vehicle repair and maintenance operation to ensure proper performance and safety of all company vehicles and equipment.
• Provide leadership and supervision for reporting staff to meet company deliverables. Ensure all equipment and assets are designed, built, serviced and maintained in a safe, efficient and professional manner.
• Ensure all workshop and yard operations are undertaken in a safe, efficient, cost effective and professional manner.
• Plan and produce a preventative maintenance schedule not only for mechanical work but also visual aspects.
• Plan, assigns and reviews the work of all technicians in the workshop. Brief the supervisors who then supervise the work of the mechanics, Welders, Panel beaters and electricians.
• Ensure that the workshop is safely maintained, that all working areas are safe and that staffs are fully trained to do their job efficiently and safely.
• Coordinate the need for maintenance and repair of operational equipment with other employees/ departments.
• Responsible for producing a monthly service report of the work/ breakdowns and tyre tasks conducted by the workshop, along with recommendations and feedback to management, some of these reports include:
• Ability to direct and supervise personnel and coordinate workshop operations.
• Advanced speaking/ reading and writing skills in English.
• Ability to operate all tools and equipment involved in vehicle repairs and resolve vehicle breakdowns would be a plus.
Qualification and Experience
• A Degree in an Engineering Field.
• Five years’ working experience in a workshop
• Minimum two years supervising/ managing experience.
• Foundation course in health and safety in the workplace would be a plus.
• Advanced knowledge on Microsoft office suite, SAP, FMP, BUDINI software.
• Must be a member of EIZ or relevant professional body
How to apply
Apply online or send your CV and cover letter direct to: