Zambia National Commercial Bank Plc (Zanaco) is inviting applications from suitably qualified and experienced individuals for the following job aimed at contributing to the Bank’s strategic vision, in the Finance Division under the Finance OperationsSection to be based at Head Office:-
• To manage the financial and regulatory reporting and tax functions in the division, ensure day-to-day duties are correctly and efficiently executed and to manage the overall day-to-day operational aspects of the section.
• The role holder is responsible for managing the internal financial and operating control environment for the section, encompassing statutory, regulatory and financial reporting
• Strengthening the control environment to ensure the integrity of all financial information
• Managing the Bank’s tax exposure from a compliance and risk perspective; and overseeing all Accounts Payable functions.
Under the supervision of the Chief Financial Officer, the following are among the Job Key Responsibilities: –
• To engage with Chief Financial Officer to provide input into and review the finance strategy.
• To manage assigned finance department staff, and ensure competent, motivated staff through hiring, training, counselling, supervising, and reviewing performance of employees within the financial division.
• To maintain the general ledger and ensure compliance with local tax laws.
• To ensure that the general ledger agrees to subsidiary records; to regularly prepare or supervise preparation of reconciliations for all general ledger accounts assigned to the section.
• To review and ensure timely completion of regulatory reports.
• To manage the preparations of financial reports, and to prepare and review monthly and annual financial statements.
• To effectively manage the preparation of all statistical and financial reporting by the accounting personnel, in a timely and efficient manner.
• To review all journal entries, and ensure proper accounting for the Bank’s books of record.
• To manage monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements to Bank of Zambia (BoZ) and the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).
• To manage periodic audits and co-ordination with internal and external auditors.
• To effectively consolidate Taxation Reports and Returns.
• To remain current on changes within legal, regulatory, economic, competitive, and technology environments which may affect the accounting function.
• To ensure timely preparation and review of staff payroll.
External: Auditors, Bank of Zambia, Securities and Exchange Commission, Zambia Revenue Authority and other similar statutory bodies.
Internal: All Divisions
Qualifications And Experience
• Grade 12 certificate with a minimum of 5 credits, of which English and Mathematics are mandatory.
• University Degree in Accountancy or Finance, or a Professional Qualification i.e. ACCA / CIMA / ZICA.
• MBA is an added advantage.
• Must be a member of Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants (ZICA).
• At least six to eight (6-8) years’ experience in Financial Management, at least three (3) of which must be in a financial management or similar senior role.
• Banking knowledge in budgeting, financial analysis, investments and financial forecasting.
• Knowledge of IFRSs, Companies Act, Banking and Financial Services Act.
• Strong working knowledge of relevant computer software such as payroll and ERP systems.
• Proven balance sheet management.
Job Core Competencies
• Strong communication skills, both oral and written
• Analytical thinking and strong problem solving skills
• Able to exercise confidentiality, discretionary judgement and work with strict deadlines
• Strategic and inspirational leadership
• Ability to develop people
• Financial acumen
• Networking and liaison
• Business Insight
• Judgement and decision-making skills
• Analysis and attention to detail
• Planning and organizing skills
• Drive for Results
• Building Strategic Relationships
• Influencing and Impact
How to Apply
All applications must have an application/cover letter and detailed curriculum vitae indicating the position being applied for in the subject line and should be sent by email to: