First Quantum Minerals Ltd. is an established and growing mining and metals company currently operating four mines and developing projects worldwide. Our aim is to become a globally diversified mining and metals company. With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.We currently produce copper cathode, copper in concentrate, nickel, gold and sulphuric acid.First Quantum’s current operations are the Kansanshi copper-gold mine in Zambia, the Guelb Moghrein copper-gold mine in Mauritania, the Kevitsa nickel-copper-PGE mine in Finland and the Ravensthorpe nickel-cobalt mine in Australia.When our current projects are in operation, we expect we will be able to triple our annual copper production capacity and be positioned within the world’s 10 largest copper producers. Sentinel is the first mine to be developed at the Trident project in the North Western Province of Zambia. The project comprises five large-scale mining licences and significant geological potential exists for expansion of operations, including the Enterprise nickel mine announced in December 2012. First Quantum is investing US$1.725-billion at the Sentinel mine and construction remains on time and on budget. Plant commissioning will commence in mid-2014 and copper production is expected reach 280 - 300,000 tonnes per annum.
• Monitor and control of core feed compliance
• Ore and waste markups, including post blast movement monitoring'
• Communication of ore feed changes and characteristics to key stakeholders
• Champion efforts to minimize ore loss and dilution during load and haul
• Bachelor's degree in geology and earth science from recognized Zambian tertiary education establishment includes satisfactory references from academic staff previous employees.
Experience and Skills:
• Strong IT skills , especially in Microsoft office package (Word , Excel, outlook)
• Demonstration strong verbal and written communication skills
• Familiarity with Zambian and Central African Copperbelt geology
• Valid driver's license
• Ability to lead communication and interact effectively with key personnel from different teams ( geology,mining,dispatch,metallurgy)
• Through and methodical approach to problem solving and routine tasks
• Willingness to work with people from a variety of national and skills backgrounds
• Ability to supervise junior ore control personnel
• Position is exclusively shift work
How to Apply
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website: