The Zambia Institute of Banking and Financial Services (ZIBFS) was established in 1992 with the objective of promoting professionalism within the Banking and Financial Services Sector. The Institute is engaged in a number of activities to enhance information sharing in the financial sector which includes provision of examinations, training courses and meetings and forums for financial service providers’ staff.
• As an equal opportunity employer, the Institute invites applications from suitably qualified, energetic, and ambitious Zambians to fill the vacancy of Assistant Accountant.
Key Performance Areas and Responsibilities:
• Receipting all sources of income due to the Institute and ensure that it is promptly banked
• Preparing payment vouchers and cheques and ensuring that all collected cheques are adequately recorded
• Preparing invoices for members and other clients
• Maintaining a proper filing system for easy accessibility of documents
• Ensure all statutory returns are submitted and payments made when due e.g. PAYE, WHT, NAPSA and Workman’s Compensation
• Perform any other duties as may be assigned by management from time to time
Qualifications and Experience
• Grade 12 Certificate with five credits or better including English and Mathematics
• Minimum of any of the following: Diploma in Accountancy, ACCA I, CIMA 1, or ZICA Licentiate
• Minimum of 2 years’ working experience in related or similar position in a busy Institution
• Knowledge of Pastel Accounting Software is a must
• Must be a member of the Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants (ZICA)
• Membership of other related professional bodies is an added advantage
• High level of integrity, accuracy and attention to detail
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Excellent analytical and Problem solving skills is an added advantage
• Computer Literacy, Proficient in Excel, and Microsoft Word.
• Diverse Knowledge on Financial Principles.
• Ability to adapt to Change and team work.
• Time management skills.
How to Apply
Interested and eligible persons should forward their applications ELECTRONICALLY titled ‘Assistant Accountant Application-2018’ consisting of a letter, certified qualifications, a detailed CV with contact details/telephone numbers of three work referees to: