JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. has been mandated by USAID through the global AIDSFree project to assist the Government of Zambia in the rollout of eLMIS in Zambia for 3 years beginning October 2016. The AIDSFree project aims to improve the quality and effectiveness of high-impact, evidence-based HIV and AIDS interventions in order to meet country-specific goals and objectives. The eLMIS-AIDSFree project will work closely with and in support of the Ministry of Health. JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. seeks a dynamic and highly experienced candidate for the position of Operations Assistant to be based in Lusaka, Zambia, for a period of Five (5) months. The Operations Assistant will provide clerical support (word processing, data entry, physical and electronic filing, etc.) to the operations unit (Finance, Procurement, IT, Admin & HR). The post holder will report to the Senior Accountant and help in achievement of project goals and objectives.
Specific Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, the following:
• Assist the operations unit (Finance, Procurement, IT, Admin & HR) with circulating and following up on documentation between the departments and approvers.
• Responsible of properly scanning and e-filing documents including purchase orders, HR files and payment vouchers.
• Assist the Finance and Procurement Officers with updating vendors’ files and information in tracking tools and QuickBooks.
• Provide day to day clerical assistance to the operations unit including photocopying and filing as may be required.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Senior Accountant and other senior staff.
Applicants for this position should possess the following minimum qualifications:
• Minimum of a Certificate in Secretarial studies, Administration or Business related discipline.
• 0 -2 years clerical experience.
• Basic records management and filing skills required.
• Demonstrated ability to operate office machines (photo copiers, scanners, etc.)
• Strong computer aptitude in Microsoft office applications (MS Word and Excel) is required
• Good teamwork and interpersonal skills with ability to take initiative.
Supervision and Reporting: The Operations Assistant will work under the guidance and supervision of the Senior Accountant.
How to apply
Applications in form of a CV and cover letter should be emailed to: