Barrick Lumwana Mining Company Ltd (LMC), a copper mining company owned by Barrick Gold Corporation is situated in the North Western region of Zambia, some 300 km west of the Zambian Copperbelt and 95 km south west of the provincial capital of Solwezi. The mine is a multi-pit, multi staged operation mining approximately 100MT of ore and waste per annum and producing copper concentrates containing an average of 120,000 tonnes of copper metal per year over a twenty (20) year mine life, making Lumwana the largest single open cut copper mine in Africa. The Company is now looking for an experienced and qualified individual to be considered for the position of Admin Clerk.
• Reporting to the HR Officer, Your duties will include but not limited to the following;
• Sorting information and documents for filing according to database and record management system protocols
• Classifying and coding information and documents for inclusion in database and record management systems
• Ensure that all HR administrative paperwork are fully signed and processed
• Ensuring that invoices/orders are raised and processed in an efficient manner.
• Pre-employment medical booking for new hires
• Identifying and retrieving information and documents for users
• Processing accommodation requests for new hires
• Labelling storage locations, and assembling and labelling new files
• Updating and modifying personnel records
• Assist in timely scheduling of employees due for Silicosis medicals and follow up on medical results
• Custodian of Human Resources Records – Physical and Electronic
• Maintain safe work procedures and promote high safety and health awareness. Promote and comply with the LMC Occupational Health & Safety Policy.
Experience & Qualifications
• Certificate in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, Records Management or equivalent
• Minimum of (2) years’ experience in Human Resources role.
• Prior experience in Administration role will be an added advantage
• Background in Human Resource Management and sound knowledge of contemporary records Management.
Be Honest, Trustworthy and reliable
Able to keep and maintain confidential information
Zambian Nationals who meet requirements for this position and are resident in Zambia are strongly encouraged to apply
If you meet the requirements, submit your online application by clicking ‘APPLY NOW’.
Applicants may be subjected to any of the following: a Security and / or Police Clearance Check; a Competence Assessment, Qualifications, Credit and Reference Checks.
How to Apply
Send your applications to the link below: