The Finance Advisory Services (FAS) team is made up of in-country associates that are the trusted advisors to country leadership teams in the area of financial sustainability. Taking vast amounts of financial intelligence from budgets, spending patterns and projected work plans, FAS provides concise, actionable advice around how to allocate scarce resources to best achieve the country’s scale and impact goals. The goal of our small group of financial consultants is complete financial sustainability.As a young organization, we are ready to hand over significant responsibility for specific, well-defined strategic initiatives as well as day-to-day management of our financial systems. As such, we are seeking two exceptional professionals with 3+ years work experience, and a long-term career interest in international development. They will serve in a career-track position that combines financial and operational analysis with management experience.We are seeking a candidate to be based in Kabwe, Zambia and support both the country leadership teams in Malawi and Zambia.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Supporting Country Leadership to Determine Strategy. Using the financial intelligence gained in the above priorities, the FAS Associate will work with the country leadership to ensure that a solid strategic plan is in place to meet all impact and scale goals.
• Supporting Frontier Projects. Creating financial models for new business opportunities across the organization that emphasize program profitability and effectiveness in countries such as Ethiopia, Malawi, and Tanzania.
• Crush Strategic Projects.
• Supporting/developing data strategy for Operations Innovations, Field, and Logistics such as:
• Building a repayment analysis tool
• Building analytic capacity, to be specified (training staff, developing standards)
• Maintaining fertilizer projection model
• Other projects as needed
• Manage and Mentor Staff. To support the above-mentioned activities, you will recruit, manage and develop a small team (one to five) of experienced staff that will assist with your analysis and communications goals.
• Financial Analysis and Driver of Sustainability. The FAS Associate is tasked with pushing the country towards sustainability; you will provide reports on district, country, and organization-wide spending to budget performance, and will oversee the measurement of Financial KPI’s, ensuring appropriate action. The Associate will provide analysis and recommendations for improved efficiency, cost-effectiveness, and product pricing.
• Annual Budget Facilitator and Champion. With support from the rest of the Finance team, the FAS Associate will spearhead the annual budgeting process, including tools training, workshop facilitation with department heads and review of the compiled budgets.
• Country Finance point of contact. The FAS Associate will act as the main country representative and project manage a variety of finance-related projects by working to connect our FP&A, Accounting, and Treasury teams with country teams.
Career Growth and DevelopmentOne Acre Fund invests in building management and leadership skills. Your manager and a global support team will commit significant time in your career development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship and through regular management consulting-style career reviews. We also have regular one-on-one meetings, where we listen to and discuss career goals, and work collaboratively to craft roles that each person can be passionate about. Because of our rapid growth, we constantly have new high-level roles opening up and opportunities in many functions.
• We are looking for truly extraordinary candidates that will help take our organization to the next levels of impact and scale.
• This is a competitive posting for a career-track role with a minimum initial commitment of two years.
• 3+ years work experiences. Examples include a demanding professional work experience in a finance function (e.g. SME management consulting, an entrepreneurial role, working as a business or finance analyst).
• Confidence with numbers and providing quick, insightful analyses of the stories behind the numbers.
• Ability to clearly communicate in a logical and structured way to an audience with widely varying levels of expertise and interests.
• Ability and drive to work independently, while effectively prioritizing potentially conflicting demands from various teams.
• Outstanding interpersonal skills, including both verbal and written communications.
• Experience with process design and implementation.
• Leadership experience at work, or outside of work, particularly in a matrix based organization.
• Strong educational background.
• A willingness to commit to living in rural areas of East Africa for at least two years – this is a long-term, career-track position with potential to grow into a management role.
• Language: English required. Swahili strongly preferred.
Preferred Start Date
As soon as possible.
• Minimum 2 years commitment, full-time job
• We offer a modest starting salary that affords a high quality of life in our areas of operation. This is a career-track role with performance-based raises and the ability to expand responsibilities over time.
• Health insurance, immunizations, flights, housing.
Sponsor International Candidates
• No; we are only able to consider candidates with prior work authorization in Zambia.
How to Apply
Send your applications to the link below: