• The Linkage and Adherence Advisor will provide technical leadership and project oversight in the areas of HIV program linkages, community-based care, and adherence support, for a United States government (USG)-funded community-based HIV program in Zambia.
• The project aims to reduce the number of new HIV infections and other sexually transmitted infections among members of the Zambian Defense Force, their families, and the civilian communities served by the Zambian Military through targeted, mobile HIV testing services and partner notification, linkage to treatment and prevention services, prevention activities for priority populations including Uniformed Service members and sex workers, prevention of mother-to-child HIV transmission, and support for adherence and viral suppression.
• The project will operate over a three year period.
• Reportimg to: the Program Director, the Advisor will provide oversight and management of the project’s efforts to ensure at least 90% of newly diagnosed HIV-positive clients are linked to and enrolled in treatment, track clients lost to follow-up and re-engage them in clinical care, provide community-based PMTCT, adherence, and support for viral suppression, and facilitate strong facility-community collaboration.
• The position will operate under the leadership of the Program Director and Jhpiego’s senior management team, and work closely with the global HIV, Malaria, and Infectious Disease team based in Baltimore, MD, USA.
• The position will oversee and ensure the technical and methodological soundness of all project activities.
• In collaboration with ZDF and USG, project team and other implementing partners, the position will support the design and implementation of HIV linkage, adherence, and viral suppression service delivery strategies based on scientific evidence, innovations, and best practices.
This position is contingent upon award from USG. Zambian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
• Advanced (Masters minimum) degree in public health, international health or an advanced clinical degree in nursing, medicine, or related field.
• Five (5) years’ experience implementing and/or providing technical assistance in HIV prevention, testing, care and treatment
• Five (5) years’ experience in implementing and/or providing technical assistance of $5M per year in donor-funded projects and in the design and implementation of overseas health projects; preferably in the Zambia
• Demonstrated experience training clinical and community-based healthcare workers on HIV prevention, testing, care and treatment
• Demonstrated experience providing capacity building assistance at individual and organizational levels
• Skilled in at least two or more of the following technical areas: HIV care and treatment, HIV testing and counseling, quality improvement for HIV programs; monitoring and evaluation for HIV programs.
• Demonstrated experience implementing, building capacity, and/or managing HIV programs, including facilitating community-facility linkages, community-based adherence and PMTCT support, HIV prevention, care, or treatment.
• Experience with electronic medical records, data collection, and/or reporting tools, such as CommCare, SmartCare, or others.
• Demonstrated in-depth understanding of the ZDF’s organizational structure and Zambian healthcare system, particularly the public health system,
• Experience living and working in Zambia preferred
• Familiarity with ZDF and USG’s administrative, management and reporting procedures and systems
• Proven track record managing a project team composed of several technical experts and fostering team work
• Excellent diplomacy skills and a proven ability to establish and maintain interpersonal and professional relationships with USG, host-country counterparts and representatives from other key stakeholders such as NGOs, CSOs, and the private sector
• Expertise in research to practice—identifying and adapting best practices to specific project contexts
• Excellent verbal, written interpersonal and presentation skills in English
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365 suite
• Ability to travel nationally to project sites up to 50%, as needed
How to Apply
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website: