Jhpiego is looking for an expart to fill the following position of:
The HIV Testing and Prevention Advisor will provide technical leadership and project oversight in the areas of HIV testing and prevention for a United States government (USG)-funded community-based HIV program in Zambia.
• The program aims to reduce the number of new HIV infections and other sexually transmitted infections among members of the Zambian Defense Force, their families, and the civilian communities served by the Zambian Military through targeted, mobile HIV testing services and partner notification, linkage to treatment and prevention services, prevention activities for priority populations including Uniformed Service members and sex workers, prevention of mother-to-child HIV transmission, and support for adherence and viral suppression.
• The program will operate over a three-year period.
• The Advisor will provide oversight and management of the program’s targeted HIV testing and prevention activities at the national, regional, and district levels.
• This includes the provision of integrated health services with HTS, including screening for sexually transmitted infections (STI) and tuberculosis (TB), provision of family planning (FP), and delivery of comprehensive prevention services.
• The position will operate under the leadership of the Program Director and Jhpiego’s senior management team, and work closely with the global HIV, Malaria and Infectious Disease team based in Baltimore, MD, USA.
• The position will oversee and ensure the technical quality and methodological soundness of all program activities.
• In collaboration with ZDF and USG, project team, Ministry of Health (MOH), and other implementing partners, the position will support the design and implementation of HIV testing and prevention service delivery strategies based on scientific evidence, innovations and best practices.
This position is contingent upon award from USG. Zambian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
• Advanced (Masters minimum) degree in public health, international health or an advanced clinical degree in nursing or medicine
• Five (5) years’ experience implementing and/or providing technical assistance in HIV Testing and Prevention
• Five (5) years’ experience in implementing and/or providing technical assistance of $5M per year in donor-funded projects and in the design and implementation of overseas health projects; preferably in the Zambia
• Demonstrated experience training clinical or community-based healthcare workers on HIV testing and prevention
• Demonstrated experience providing capacity building assistance at individual and organizational levels
• Skilled in at least two or more of the following technical areas: HIV care and treatment, HIV testing and counseling, quality improvement and monitoring and evaluation for HIV programs
• Demonstrated experience implementing, building capacity, and/or managing HIV programs, including HIV testing services, prevention, and/or care and treatment.
• Demonstrated in-depth understanding of ZDF’s organizational structure and Zambia healthcare system, particularly the public health system
• Experience living and working in Zambia preferred
• Familiarity with ZDF and USG’s administrative, management and reporting procedures and systems
• Proven track record managing a project team composed of several technical experts and fostering team work
• Excellent diplomacy skills and a proven ability to establish and maintain interpersonal and professional relationships with ZDF, USG, host-country counterparts and representatives from other key stakeholders such as NGOs, CSOs, and the private sector
• Expertise in research to practice—identifying and adapting best practices to specific project contexts
• Excellent verbal, written interpersonal and presentation skills in English
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365 suite
• Ability to travel nationally to project sites up to 50%, as needed
• Ability to travel internationally up to 15%, as needed.
How to Apply
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website: