Barrick Lumwana Mining Company Ltd (LMC), a copper mining company owned by Barrick Gold Corporation is situated in the North-Western region of Zambia, some 300 km west of the Zambian Copperbelt and 95 km south west of the provincial capital of Solwezi. The mine is a multi-pit, multi staged operation mining approximately 100MT of ore and waste per annum and producing copper concentrates containing an average of 120,000 tonnes of copper metal per year over a twenty (20) year mine life, making Lumwana the largest single open cut copper mine in Africa. The Company is now looking for an experienced and qualified individual to be considered for the position of Senior Contracts Specialist:
• Reporting to the Contracts Coordinator, you will be responsible for ensuring the efficient and systematic procurement of services; effective monitoring of contracts
• Development of transparent tendering schedules and good record keeping; providing advice on best methods of tendering
• Developing best practice in relation to procurement.
• Develop and advise on procurement, FPA management strategies.
• Identify opportunities for better procurement and develop modern FPA management practices. Your duties will include but not limited to the following:
• Responsible for the timely and efficient preparation of all contracts.
• Assist to ensure that all contractors on site conform to contractual obligations and that all commercial requirements of the company are maintained by each contractor.
• Ensure efficient management of procurement contracts.
• Provide accurate commercial advice to LMC personnel on tendering and contractual matters.
• Ensure all company policies and procedures in relation to contracting are adhered to.
• Accountable for completion of all tasks identified in the Management Operating System (MOS) to the specified quality and timelines as assigned to this role.
• Maintain and develop relationships with stakeholders in LMC’s mining activities, consistent with Barrick’s Community Relations Policies.
• Assist in the provision of regular reports to enable effective management of procurements key performance activities.
Experience & Qualifications
• Grade 12 full school Certificate
• Degree in, Business Administration/ Purchasing & Supply with Legal as an added advantage
• Significant experience (5 years) in Contracts Management, preferably in the mining environment.
• Have an in-depth knowledge and understanding of International Contracts.
• Member of ZIPS
• Strong negotiation skills
• Exposure to PRONTO.
• Sound knowledge of contract law both Zambian and English.
• Able to clearly demonstrate the aptitude to drive a light vehicle and hold a current Zambian driver
• Zambian Nationals who meet requirements for this position and are resident in Zambia are strongly encouraged to apply
How to Apply
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website: