Barrick Lumwana Mining Company Ltd (LMC), a copper mining company owned by Barrick Gold Corporation is situated in the North Western region of Zambia, some 300 km west of the Zambian Copperbelt and 95 km south west of the provincial capital of Solwezi. The mine is a multi-pit, multi staged operation mining approximately 100MT of ore and waste per annum and producing copper concentrates containing an average of 120,000 tonnes of copper metal per year over a twenty (20) year mine life, making Lumwana the largest single open cut copper mine in Africa. The Company is now looking for an experienced and qualified individual to be considered for the position of Mechanic Fitter.
Reporting to: Maintenance Supervisor
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, under the maintenance Section, you will be responsible to carry out all mechanical maintenance and repair of all pumps and screens and installation of all mechanical equipment at the water and waste water plants and Construction Camp facilities. Your duties & responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following: –
Your duties will include but not limited to the following:
• To carry out scheduled maintenance of all mechanical equipment installed at the water and waste water plant
• To carry out repairs on broken down mechanical equipment to ensure continuity of operations while keeping down time to a minimum in the Township and Construction camp facilities
• To plan for and order spares for waste water plant and water treatment plant equipment
• To design and install approved mechanical equipment following approved project management methodologies and engineering standards
• To be able to machine basic components to facilitate execution of repair works and installations
• To maintain and promote Health and Safety and Environment practices in all work environment and activities.
• To prepare reports on progress, site activities and all other related issues.
• To participate in all scheduled maintenance activities with other disciplines and ensure that there is ownership of these of these activities
Experience & Qualifications
• Technician/Mechanical certificate in Mechanical Engineering from a recognised government trades college
• Minimum two years’ experience in maintenance of pumps and other mechanical works especially in a mining environment or FMCG company. Demonstrable ability to analyze and apply innovative technical knowledge to a wide range of mechanical units
• Ability to operate a lathe and other mechanical workshop machines and manufacture basic engineering components
• Working knowledge of Microsoft office application; word, spread-sheets and power-point
Zambian Nationals who meet requirements for this position and are resident in Zambia are strongly encouraged to apply
How to Apply
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website: