Alistair is one of East and Southern Africa’s fastest growing service companies, providing a variety of self-delivered logistics solutions with core competencies in road freight and operational hire of material handling equipment. The business has gone from strength to strength, growing quickly in both its geographical coverage and variety of services offered to clients. At the moment, the Group employees over 400 personnel, delivers services across sixteen countries and is poised for significant further expansion.
• Core Competencies:
• Material Supply
• Customs Clearance
• Road Freight
• Material Handling
• Storage and Warehousing
• Offshore & Onshore Equipment Rental
• Specialized Inspection Services
To be known as the Company that makes Africa work better.
• Honesty, Customer Focus, Continual Improvement, Humility, and Safety.
Accountabilities & Responsibility Areas
Managing workshop activity – the Tyre department supervisor is responsible for planning and assigning tasks to the team below him.
• Managing safety – Actively support the Alistair Group Health, Safety, Environment and Quality vision and values. It is the responsibility of the Tyre department supervisor to ensure their department works in a safe manner.
• Managing staff – the Tyre department supervisor manages the tasks assigned to them by the workshop manager, supervisor and foreman and filters this down to their team, the Tyre department supervisor is responsible for the proper documentation of the teams KPI’s
• Liaising with other departments –co-ordinate the need for maintenance and repair of equipment with other departments in the workshop including but not limited to: Mechanic, panel beating and welding departments.
• Actively support the Alistair Logistics Health, Safety, Environment and Quality vision and values.
• Perform all necessary tire repairs, dismounts, and mounts of all tires at store location & field service calls.
• Check in, code and tag all tire inventories.
• Help monitor the tire inventory.
• Maintain and secure the tire warehouse, as well as keep it neat and clean.
• Maintain all tire department equipment to keep in safe working order and report all problems and breakage to supervisor or management.
• Be responsible for starting and turning in all work-orders and tickets to supervisor or manager.
• Help will be provided as deemed necessary by management and when it is available.
• If no tire work is available, you would be expected to help with other job duties such as equipment set-up, mechanic helper or any other related department duties.
• Report all accidents immediately to your supervisor or management.
• Able to follow directions from a supervisor.
• Able to interact effectively with co-workers.
• Able to understand and comply with posted rules and procedures.
• Able to accept constructive criticism.
How to Apply
Submit your CV to: