In the quest to meet national and global human resource needs in a Responsible, Accountable, Relevant, and Ethical (RARE) way, Mulungushi University has set itself on a firm expansion trajectory. This has resulted into the introduction of the School of Medicine which will offer a number of programmes, the Schools of Science, Engineering and Technology which offers engineering programmes and the Schools of Social Sciences, Education, and Business Studies. Lecturers are expected to participate in teaching both (full time and distance learning) research, consultancy and service to community. The Council of Mulungushi University as an equal opportunity employer, is inviting qualified and sufficiently motivated individuals to apply for the following positions:-
• To head the infrastructure development section, working hands to design, plan and implement the Universities network and server infrastructure with a team of network and systems administrators.
• Designing, configuring and implementing the University’s ICT systems and services. For example, the University computer network, domain controllers, DNS, web servers, e-mail environment, etc.
• Designing, implementing and maintaining the University physical and virtual server infrastructure
• Developing backup strategies and recovery plans for the ICT infrastructure under your control
• Designing and deploying new computer labs, servers and other networking equipment
• Coordinating efforts in the infrastructure development section of the ICT department on a daily basis
• Full Grade 12 Certificate with 05 Credits or better
• A professional with minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science
• Professional Certificates in ITIL, MTA, COBIT, MCSA, CCIE
• Six years hands work experience in similar position.
How to apply:
Send your application letters with a detailed curriculum vitae, certified copies of academic and professional qualifications, transcripts and any such other material as the applicant may wish to submit. The curriculum vitae must give full personal particulars including full name, date of birth, qualifications, employment and experience, date of availability, telephone number, e-mail address, names and addresses of three traceable referees, two of whom should be professionally acquainted with the candidate and one character referee to:
PO Box 80415,