Barrick Lumwana Mining Company Ltd (LMC), a copper mining company owned by Barrick Gold Corporation is situated in the North Western region of Zambia, some 300 km west of the Zambian Copperbelt and 95 km south west of the provincial capital of Solwezi. The mine is a multi-pit, multi staged operation mining approximately 100MT of ore and waste per annum and producing copper concentrates containing an average of 120,000 tonnes of copper metal per year over a twenty (20) year mine life, making Lumwana the largest single open cut copper mine in Africa. The Company is now looking for an experienced and qualified individual to be considered for the position of LP/COMP/GEN Supervisor.
• Reporting to the Inpit Services Coordinator, you will maintain/repair all lighting plants, compressors and generators and associated infrastructure across the Lumwana mine site.
• Management of all projects related to lighting plants, compressors and generators and associated infrastructure.
• Ensure proficient execution of maintenance and breakdown services as directed across site through CMMS Pronto and make sure that levels of completion are met.
• Plan, execute, manage and commission projects related to lighting plants, compressors, generator and the associated infrastructure, plus other areas as directed.
• Utilise Pronto maintenance management system effectively.
• Carry out planned maintenance inspections and unscheduled work as set out by the planned maintenance section and strive to meet compliance levels set.
• Take responsibility and accountability for the performance of contractor labour.
• Assist in the preparation and control cost budgets for electrical teams.
• Identify opportunities for continuous improving of processes and systems.
• Measure and report overall equipment and infrastructure performance.
• Provide technical support to production and maintenance teams in order to meet operational targets
• Support trouble shooting, identification and evaluation of root causes of failures to improve equipment availability and performance.
• Review work execution performance of team to identify gaps and take corrective action as deemed necessary to improve performance.
Experience & Qualifications
• Diploma in Mechanical / Electrical Engineering.
• Five (5 years) experience in Heavy Earthmoving Equipment and associated infrastructure maintenance.
• Supervisory experience and a combination of both mechanical and electrical hands on will be added advantage
• High Voltage switching experience
• Experience in large multi pit operations utilising large scale mining equipment.
• Member of the Engineering Institution of Zambia.
• Must have a current driver’s license.
• Zambian Nationals who meet requirements for this position and are resident in Zambia are strongly encouraged to apply
How to apply
Send your application to the link below: