Zambia National Commercial Bank Plc (Zanaco) is inviting applications from suitably qualified and experienced individuals for the following job aimed at contributing to the Bank’s strategic vision, in the Commercial Division under the Corporate and Investment Banking Department to be based at Head Office:-
• To pro-actively support the sales force by assessing credit risk of assigned portfolio/ accounts or across other portfolios as required from time to time with a view to minimizing loss and maximizing Risk Adjusted Revenues through the credit review process, and assist with account relationship maintenance.
Under the supervision of the Head Corporate & Investment Banking, the following are among the Job Key Responsibilities: –
• Analyse corporate customers risk, evaluate management strategy and group or parent support policies and establish client credit grades by applying credit and financial analysis skills using the Bank’s provided platforms.
• Ensure highest credit quality through structure, submission, and monitoring of credit applications consistent with Corporate Credit Standards.
• Jointly develop appropriate credit solutions through structuring of facilities with Relationship Managers to meet individual client’s needs with a view to maximizing earnings and minimizing risk and bad debts.
• Ensure delivery of appropriately structured credit applications within agreed service level agreement (SLA).
• Understand customer needs and inherent credit risk and act upon them.
• Carry out research work and analyse market information so as to counter competitive pressures.
• Contribute towards achievement of the Bank’s risk and business objectives.
• Monitor credit quality and risk with the Relationship Managers by highlighting early warning signs of credit deterioration.
• Recommend minimum pricing ranges/risk margins using existing tools.
• Regularly review the credit worthiness of clients using credit scoring techniques and other monitoring tools.
• Provide feedback into business and credit development and advise on risk reward and challenge pricing where possible.
• Maintain an interactive relationship with Credit Department and ensure that all credit conforms to internal Credit Policy and regulatory guidelines.
• Produce KPI’s on a monthly basis for Portfolio Quality Review with the business and other parties.
• Prepare credit review reports for adverse credits for the purpose of tracking and reporting.
• Gather, review and analyze critical account information from all available sources.
• Challenge status quo and identify opportunities for process improvement and capacity creation.
• External: Creditors, External Auditors, Customers, Lawyers, BOZ, Industry Associations, other Banks
• Internal: All divisions
Qualifications and Experience
• Grade 12 Credit or above mandatory in Mathematics and English and any other three subjects.
• Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or any other related field or full professional qualification.
• At least five (5) years lending experience in a busy credit risk environment.
• Expertise in credit structuring, evaluating risk, financial analysis and industry analysis.
• An in-depth knowledge of advanced lending techniques, products, trade finance, cash management or Investment instruments.
• Sound knowledge of business conditions, banking and commercial laws and regulations.
Job Core Competencies
• Excellent verbal and written communication.
• Delighting customers.
• Persuading and selling.
• Drive for results.
• Analytical thinking.
• Team work.
• Attention to detail.
• Business Acumen.
• Understanding of applicable Legislation and standards.
• Team leadership and ability to motivate others.
• Decision making skills.
How to Apply
Send your application/cover letter and detailed CV indicating the position being applied to: