Catholic Relief Services CRS is currently seeking applications from qualified Administrative Manager candidates for a USAID-funded Scaling Up Nutrition Technical Assistance (SUN TA) contract in Zambia. The maximum amount and duration of the award is $75 million dollars for seven-years (four years, with two optional eighteen month, at the discretion of the donor). This activity is expected to provide multi-sectoral, layered, high-impact technical assistance coupled with targeted, cost effective, evidence-based direct implementation to reduce stunting in targeted districts. The SUN TA activity will be responsible for need-based technical capacity strengthening for National Food and Nutrition Commission (NFNC) and line ministries, at national, provincial and primarily at the district level. This will include capacity building in the development of annual work planning and costing of nutrition priority activities and interventions, mentoring regarding implementation of the activities by the line ministries, progress reporting, advocacy and governance strengthening, learning, and monitoring and evaluation. It will also include direct implementation to address time-sensitive gaps in programming. This activity will work initially in a minimum of 30 districts in Zambia, with the potential to increase the geographic scope in future years.
• The Administrative Manager will report to Director of Operations / Finance and position will be based in Lusaka.
• S/he manages the provision of responsive, effective, and efficient administrative services including, Logistics Supply Chain, Fleet, Procurement, Security and Safety in support of the Catholic Relief Services’ (CRS) mission to serve the poor and vulnerable.
• S/he promotes and ensures stewardship of resources ensuring that a high-quality service approach is integrated into administrative systems, policies and procedures.
• Plan, coordinate, monitor and report on activities and required resources to ensure cost efficient and quality service delivery from administrative support functions. Anticipate delivery challenges to ensure service continuity;
• Coordinate SUN TA operations and administration functions to ensure support services are delivered with high-quality in an efficient manner. Help address challenges that affect the proper stewardship and optimal utilization of program assets and resources;
• Ensure administrative systems, processes, and policies are in line with CRS Zambia standards and donor and local law regulations. Recommend changes in office practices and coordinate revision of systems, policies, and procedures to contribute to operational excellence;
• Oversee the efficient use and management of CP and SUN assets and rented facilities. Ensure fully compliant procurement for office supplies and asset management systems. Organize inventory monitoring, control, and reporting;
• Serve as the key liaison and maintain relationships with relevant external stakeholders (service providers, etc.) on assigned administrative matters and ensure required authorizations and documents are up-to-date;
• Help ensure staff have access to relevant information, training, and safety materials and equipment to ensure a safe and sound work environment;
• Manage the provision of travel and logistics support and services to staff and visitors including event-planning activities, including delegation visits, trainings and workshops; and
• Co-ordinate with CRS CP Administration on administration activities when required.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or other relevant field
• Minimum of six (6) years work experience in administrative support functions with an NGO with increasing responsibility including office management experience
• Procurement experience a plus
• Staff management experience and abilities that are conducive to a learning environment
• Proficient in MS Office package (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio) and information management systems
• Planning, organizational and time management skills
• Ability to make sound judgment and good decisions
• Strong customer service orientation with very good communication and interpersonal skills
• Ethical conduct and ability to maintain confidentiality
• Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented and results-oriented
• Travel Required: 30%
Key Working Relationships
Supervisory: Drivers, Procurement Officer, Grants Compliance Manager and Project Accountant
Internal: Director of Operations / Finance
External: SUN Stakeholders
Agency-wide Competencies: These are rooted in the mission, values, and principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and to achieve the desired results.
• Trusting Relationships
• Professional Growth
Disclaimer: This job description is dependent on future funding. The job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Equal Opportunity Employer
How to Apply
Email a cover letter and current CV (inclusive three contactable referees) in MS Word format to: