Development Aid from People to People (DAPP), is a locally registered NGO engaged in development projects, in all the provinces of Zambia, in the fields of education, health, agriculture and other poverty alleviation programmes. DAPP seeks to employ a Sub Grant Accountant. The position is tenable in Kabwe.
Duties and Essential Job Functions
• Assists in setting up sub granting protocols in regard to selection of partners and the vetting process.
• Sets up a system for effective grants finance management as per USAID regulations and DAPP guidelines
• Creates a system for effective and easy follow-up of sub grants.
• Reviews contracts for sub recipients in coordination with the donor and local partners
• Reviews all sub recipients financial reports for zero ineligibility in costs
• Leads the effort on sub grants closures (financially) and systematically coordinates and reports to the Chief of Party (COP).
• Conducts evaluation of sub grantees in comparison to the burn rate
• Participates in designing means for easy financial reporting on sub grants
2. Programme Implementation
• Provides monthly management reports to the COP in a timely and accurate manner.
• Participates in developing of annual fiscal year budgets with the Finance and Operations Director (FOD) and COP, and implements grant budgeting and forecasting systems with Project Leaders
• Ensures that sub grantees financial operations are in compliance with all USAID and DAPP policies and procedures
• Ensures that monthly transactions are reviewed and entered in the General Ledger accurately and on timely basis
• Assists with monthly review and reconciliations of balance sheet accounts (receivables, payables, advances, bank & cash reconciliations, etc.) and all related expenditures.
• Oversees and coordinates management of sub-grant agreements and financial management of sub-grants
• Reviews and tracks expenses and proper documentation as per DAPP procedures and donor requirements for record keeping and accountancy
• Processes sub-grants and is responsible for issuance of payments, transfers and related transactions with the sub grantees
• Oversees pre-award and post-award activities including asset control, timely reporting and contract fulfilment to check against payment
• Works with the finance team to verify and track budget and expenditures vis-à-vis sub-grant awards and ensures that proper reporting, documentation and overall deliverables are reviewed by the leadership and signed off prior to issuance of payment.
• Ensures consistency across sub-grantees on basic provisions and highlights issues that could be viewed as bias or discrepancies.
• Provides regular review of field operations to ensure cost-effectiveness and provides guidance on improved operational practices for value-for-money.
3. Monitoring & Evaluation and Reporting
• Works with the leadership team, M&E and finance staff to ensure that project deliverables are aligned with value-for-money objectives and that financial milestones are proportionate to programme milestones.
• Builds capacity of local partners in reporting financially
• Educates local partners on donor regulations and procedures
• Assists in expenditure monitoring for partners
• Educates local partners on donor’s reporting tools
• Follows up on partnership agreements systematically to meet all deadlines and deliverables
• Works with local partners to highlight challenges and devise solutions
• Prepares local partners for all audits
• Degree in Accountancy or equivalent
• Professional qualification in either ZICA, ACCA or CIMA will be an added advantage; and
• Duly registered with the Zambia Institute of Certified Accountants
How to Apply
Interested persons should submit their application letter and supporting documents, preferably by email to:
Human Resources officer DAPP in Zambia – ZAMFAM Project,
27 Lukanga Road,