The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
Standard Minimum Qualifications
• Education: Completion of secondary school education.
• A post-secondary certificate in Supply Chain, Logistics Management, Transport Management or business studies
Language: Fluency (level C) in English language.
• Based in Lusaka Zambia, the Job holder reports to Logistics Officer, or the designate.
At this level, job holders are expected to take responsibility for completion of a range of processes and activities requiring some interpretation of standard guidelines/practices for all assistance modalities for both WFP and logistics common services
• Job holders are able to recommend a course of action to staff at various levels and may allocate tasks to other support staff.
• To implement well-defined standard logistics/supply chain processes and activities to enable effective delivery of goods and services for all delivery modalities.
Key Accountabilities (not all-inclusive)
• Provide support to logistics operations and activities, following standard processes and facilitating, directly or indirectly, the effective delivery of food assistance to beneficiaries.
• Support timely ordering and delivery of commodities and supplies to authorised partners and destinations.
• Support management of logistics vendors’ contracting activities including performance monitoring and measurement.
• Respond to a variety of technical queries/requests for support, following standard processes, and obtaining guidance as required, to ensure timely and accurate resolution of all enquiries with a high standard of client service mind-set.
• Contribute to budget preparation, monitoring and revision for all delivery modalities, ensuring adherence to relevant procedures and in compliance with corporate standards.
• Assist in monitoring inventory management processes to track trends and account for the inventory status from source to beneficiary.
• Assist in management of commodity accounting data quality and integrity.
• Support operational pipeline analyses, assessments and operational planning for all delivery modalities.
• Process documentation for execution of logistics operations (e.g. customs clearance, invoice verification), take appropriate actions to resolve operational issues escalating various issues to the supervisor.
• Collect and compile data, produce and/or contribute to reports (e.g. CCTI, SPRs, financial closure, physical inventory, transport performance) and ensure information accuracy in corporate systems in support to informed decision-making.
• Liaise with internal and limited number of external stakeholders to support efficient logistics operations management.
• Provide guidance to other support staff, in order to assist them in completing standard tasks to agreed standards and deadlines.
Desired Experiences For Entry Into The Role
• Experience using corporate systems to monitor ongoing shipments, pipeline information, insurance claims, and food stock.
• Experience analysing data (on commodities, funds, etc.) and drafting reports.
• Experience in measuring service providers’ performance against set KPIs.
• Experience in assisting the preparation of contract documentation.
• Experience in providing technical business support in corporate systems.
This position is open to Zambian Nationals Only!
• Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
• WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
• No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
How to apply
Send your application to the link below: