The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
Foreign and Commonwealth Office (Operations and Corporate Services)
Job Subcategory Security
Job Description (Roles and Responsibilities)
Main purpose of job:
• Reporting to the Corporate Services Manager, responsible for all aspects of security – people and assets – for the British High Commission and Department for International Development.
Roles and responsibilities:
• Management of security at the British High Commission (BHC) and Department for International Development (DFID) offices including residential properties
• Supervising the guards in line with the local guarding contract
• Provision of comprehensive advice to staff, BHC/DFID management and official visitors, consultants, and contractors on security risks, policies and systems
• Recording of security incidents
• Providing security briefings and advice on all aspects of personal security to official visitors and new arrivals.
• Provision of advice on any physical security measures requested by the Regional Overseas Security Manager (ROSM) or Post Security Officer.
• Undertaking regular risk assessments, proactively suggesting improvements, provision of costed proposals and the implementation of agreed changes.
• Assisting ROSM with staff radios checks ensuring equipment is fully serviceable and that UK staff have an understanding of the equipment.
• Reporting faulty equipment and overseeing repairs.
• Providing regular written security reports and assessments
• Responding to security emergencies or incidents on a 24 hours basis and the provision of assistance to UK-based staff and their families.
• Liaison with external partners (including Diplomatic Police, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, other Diplomatic Missions) to ensure extensive knowledge of local security environment.
• Security lead during a Crisis.
• Fire safety manager for Post.
Essential qualifications, skills and experience
• Experience of systematic working to deliver a consistently high level of service
• Excellent English, both verbal and written
• Ability and willingness to undergo a security vetting process.
Desirable qualifications, skills and experience
• Professionally recognised qualification in the field of security
• Experience working for a diplomatic mission
• Two (2) yrs management experience
• Making Effective Decisions, Leading and Communicating, Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace
How to apply
Send applications to the link below: