Zambia National Commercial Bank Plc (ZANACO) is inviting applications from suitably qualified and experienced individuals for the following job aimed at contributing to the Bank’s strategic vision, in the Commercial Division under the Corporate and Investment Banking Department to be based at Head Office:-
• The Senior Relationship Manager will be responsible for coordinating the sales efforts for liabilities and assets, extensively marketing low cost liabilities and identifying suitable assets for on-boarding.
• He/She will ensure and track implementation of solutions with product teams, GTS, Treasury, Scheme loans, within the agreed turnaround time and collaborate with GTS staff to ensure proposals and tenders have Corporate and Investment Banking (CIB) input and are submitted timely.
Under the supervision of the Head – Large Corporates, the following are among the Job Key Responsibilities:-
• Originate, maintain and develop relationships in corporate market and or more in the specifically defined portfolio.
• Manage a corporate loan book within parameters provided by Risk Management.
• Negotiate terms and conditions and prepare information pack for Corporate Credit to prepare credit applications for new and renewed loan facilities for CIB clients.
• Present and defend CIB credit applications in the Credit Committee.
• Attend regular meetings with customers, product teams and other internal stakeholders.
• Prepare Call Planning, Call Reports & Tracking Templates and update the deal pipeline.
• Complete the wallet size for clients and timely & appropriately file all client calls, client communications, internal memos and credit papers on the assigned portfolio.
• Timely initiate all credit processes (extensions, excess full briefs, annual reviews).
• Cross-sell Trade, Treasury & GTS products and refer potential clients of the Bank for SMEs, Agric and Retail.
• Assist Head – Large Corporates (LC) with product knowledge and market research (Desktop).
• Coordinate and provide input to GLC & credit processes and create bank proposals and track to make certain of their timely delivery.
• Assist the Head – Large Corporates’ business development activities, business planning, customer acquisition and strategy, business research and marketing.
• Collate all action points raised in call reports and track and drive each action to its conclusion. This is an integral part of the role.
• Assist in the communication and implementation of any action necessary to improve service in respect of complaints/compliments received.
• Jointly work with Corporate Credit & Risk on credit issues with a view to implementing the Zanaco credit processes.
• Coordinate post-approval actions for credit facilities for the Unit.
• Proactively initiate all credit proposals and obtain appropriate approvals.
• Appraise Head – Large Corporates of any appropriate market information.
• Develop and implement sales strategy and ensure that there is no income leakage in the unit.
• Refer to Head – Large Corporates on non-business relationships that are acceptable and profitable to the Bank.
• External: Existing/prospective customers, Competitors, Local regulators on statutory matters and Key Business Introducers (KBI’s) – Accountants, Lawyers.
• Internal: All Divisions
Qualifications and Experience
• Grade 12 Credit or above mandatory in Mathematics and English and any other three subjects.
• University Degree in a relevant subject.
• Professional Diploma in Banking and Finance will an added advantage.
• At least five (5) years banking experience in corporate sales/customer service.
• Corporate and Investment Banking (CIB) knowledge, including products not specifically offered within CIB e.g. FX Trades and workforce banking.
• Understanding of relevant legislation e.g. KYC, Anti – Money laundering, Banking code.
• Understanding of people policies and processes.
• Robust understanding of credit risk management
Job Core Competencies
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent social/interpersonal skills
• Delighting customers
• Persuading and selling
• Attention to detail
• Drive for results
• Analytical thinking
How to Apply
All applications must have an application/cover letter and detailed curriculum vitae indicating the position being applied for in the subject line and should be sent by email to: