Location: National Office
Purpose of the position
• To plan and coordinate all construction and maintenance activities in World Vision Zambia as well as monitor and report progress to contribute to improved child well-being.
• Draw and interpret all construction documents (building, block & site plans) for all construction works
• Produce bills of quantities (costing), drawings and related requirements for the construction /maintenance works based on the recommended drawings / plans.
• Ensure that all buildings and Constructions meet regulatory and Industry minimum standards and safety.
• Provide specifications for all works, technical and building related items to ensure right materials and value for money.
• Ensure that all WVZ owned and occupied buildings are of high safety standards and in proper condition
• Work with all stakeholders and regulators within and outside WVZ to ensure delivery of all works
• Submit reports and other relevant documentation timely
Qualifications/Education/Knowledge/Competencies /Technical Skills and Experience:
• Degree in Civil Engineering or related field with 3 years of experience
• Diploma in Civil Engineering or related field with 5 years experience
• Knowledge of Project Management and Technical software is added advantage
• Knowledge of Construction Industry
• Ability to work under pressure and minimum supervision
• Must have excellent communications, interpersonal, analytical, decision making, conflict management, negotiation, networking, liaison and stakeholder engagement/management skills
• Must have excellent interpersonal skills, integrity and morals.
• Ability to lead a multi-disciplinary team of professionals within and outside the project setting
• Computer literacy in Microsoft World, Excel and data analysis software is recommended
• Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
Working Environment / Conditions:
• Work environment: Office-based 40% : field 60%
• Travel: international as required.
How to apply
Send your applications to the link below: