The National Pension Scheme Authority (NAPSA) wishes to recruit for the positions of Legal Manager — Regulatory and Enforcement and Real Estates Officer to be based at Head Office. Interested applicants who meet the required Competences are encouraged to apply. The successful candidates will be expected to have demonstrable competencies relevant to the respective job and will be offered a competitive remuneration package. Legal Manager Regulatory and Enforcement X1 NPS03
Main Purpose of Job
• The Legal Manager, Regulatory and Enforcement is responsible for all regulatory aspects of the Authority’s operation to ensure the Authority operates, within the provisions of the NPS Act and the enforcement of the Employer and other stakeholder’s rights and obligations
• Propose changes to the law that provide for better implementation of the Authority’s mandate
• Analyse draft legislation and government policy and liaise with internal management on strategy and substance of submissions and commentaries.
• Analyse breaches of the NPS Act and provide legal advice on remedial actions.
• Monitor and analyse legislative changes and advise management on the legal impact of the changes to ensure stakeholders are well informed
• Provide legal on all legal matters which arise from the implementation of NPS Act and administration of Scheme
• Conduct and coordinate prosecutions and/or civil legal actions against defaulting employers in order to enforce the NPS Act and agreements entered into by the Authority pursuant to its mandate under the Act
• Conduct research and recommend changes to the law, policies, processes and procedures in order to promote efficient and effective administration of the Scheme
• Coordinate initiatives that enhance Compliance with NPS Act by Stakeholders
• Participate in the sensitisation of members of the public and employers on the provisions of the NPS
• Provide input into the development Of systems, policies processes, and procedures
• Draft board/board committee minutes as assigned and within set timelines
• Ensure efficient and effective support to the operations of the Medical Board and Appeals Tribunal as applicable
• Prepare and submit relevant Board and Management Reports,
• Develop and nurture relationships with key internal and external stakeholders involved in reforms; regulatory frarnework and enforcement of the NPS and day to day operations of the scheme.
• Identify training needs of direct reports and recommend appropriate training interventions to enhance staff competencies critical for the delivery of quality and timely services.
• Coordinate the work of direct reports and prosecutors employed by the Authority to ensure efficient and effective delivery of the Directorate’s deliverables.
• Attend to any other responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
• Grade 12 Certificate with 5 ‘O’ levels with Credit or better including English and Mathematics
• Bachelor of Laws (LLB)
• Practicing Certificate
• Seven (7) years of experience in legal practice at a management level in an organisation of similar Size or reputabbe law firm and with similar scope in legal complexity
How to Apply
Your application letter shodd be accompanied by a CV and copies of relevant certificates and should also specify your contact address and telephone number(s).
Application letters should be addressed to:
Director Human Resources and Administration,
National Pension Scheme Authority,
Levy Business Park,
PO Box 51275,