The World Bank in Zambia country office invites applications from highly qualified candidates to fill in the vacant position of Driver. This position is based in Lusaka, Zambia and does not attract international terms and conditions.
• Provide reliable and safe driving services
• Proper use of assigned vehicle,
• Ensure and follow up proper periodic maintenance and repairs of assigned vehicle
• Accurately maintain daily the log of destinations and purpose of trips
• Provide logistical support to the overall functioning of the office as directed by administration
Duties and responsibilities:
• Provide reliable and safe driver services by using assigned vehicle solely for the transportation of authorized personnel, delivery and collection of official mails/documents and other items as directed by administration
• Meet official personnel and visitors at the airport, facilitate visa and customs formalities when required;
• Ensure proper and cost-effective use of vehicle by accurately maintaining the vehicle clean, keep records of official travel, daily mileage, fuel consumption, oil changes, lubrication etc.;
• Ensure the availability of all required documents/supplies of the assigned vehicle logs, office directory, essential maps, first aid kit
• And all necessary parts and tools in the assigned vehicles
• Ensure that all immediate actions required by rules and regulations are taken in case of accidents
• Provide logistical support to the overall functioning of the country office by performing other duties as required.
• Grade Twelve (12) Certficate
• An experience of at least 5 years driving with knowledge of auto mechanics;
• A good geographical knowledge of Zambia and other countries in the sub region;
• A valid document for driving in the sub-region, a driver's license for 4x4 manual vehicles, a recent certificate of fitness proving that you are fit to drive;
• A training certificate on first aid would be an asset;
• A certificate of training in auto mechanics and any other patent technical training in electronics, electricity would be an asset;
• An experience working in an international institution / NGO would be an advantage;
• Language Requirements: English (spoken and written) would be an asset;
• Knowledge of computers - MS Office is desirable.
• Lead and Innovate - Shows positive, constructive attitude.
• Make Smart Decisions - Makes decisions appropriate to scope of job.
• Collaborate Within Teams and Across Boundaries - Acts cooperatively.
• Deliver Results for Clients - Responds to client requests in a timely manner.
• Create, Apply and Share Knowledge - Seeks opportunities to grow and further develop own capabilities
How to apply
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website: