The Republic of Zambia Ministry of Health Southern Provincial Health Office. Southern Provincial Health Office with Support from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) invites applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the under listed position:
Location: Livingstone District and Southern provincial Health Office
To undertake surveillance in order to monitor communicable diseases and control epidemics
· Good understanding of all indicators
· Review data in the system and have a weekly DQA plan to ensure data is of good quality
· Meet reporting deadlines using provided templates
· Data review plan (weekly, monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual)
· Initiates and actively participate in data review meetings
· Once a sentinel event is triggered, retrieve the record and ensure it is complete; if incomplete alert the department where the event originated to collect the missing information before the patient leaves
· Review patient records entered into the system for deficiencies; resolving discrepancies by using standard procedures or alerting departments within the facility of incomplete patient records.
· Maintains data entry requirements by following data program techniques and procedures.
· Verifies entered patient data by reviewing, correcting, deleting, or reentering data; combining data from both systems when account information is incomplete; purging files to eliminate duplication of data,
· Grade Twelve (12) Certificate or Five (5) ‘O’ Levels
· Minimum qualification of a diploma in Computer Sciences or related field.
· Must be computer literate and have an understanding of electronic health record systems.
· Ability to work independently
· Able to Communicate effecbvely in English as well as write comprehensive and analytical reports.
· Three (3)- five 5 years of proven work experience in a reputable Organization
How to apply
Interested candidates meeting the above stated qualifications and attributes and willing to work in rural areas are required to submit their applications with the following documents; Curriculum Vitae with Three (3) traceable referees, academics and professional qualifications, Full Registration with relevant professional bodies and latest practicing Licenses where applicable to the address below: