Konkola Copper Mines (‘’KCM’’) is one of the largest copper producers in Zambia, which operates underground mines and open pit mines as well as metallurgical plants with operations located at Nchanga, Konkola, Nkana and Nampundwe. It is a subsidiary of Vedanta Resources plc (“Vedanta”), a London-listed Company. KCM is one of Zambia's largest private sector employers, with nearly 12,000 workers.
· Plan the short and long-term procurement strategies based on Rate contracts/Best fit contract models/TCO approach/Clean sheet costing
· To monitor the tendering, evaluation, placement and monitoring of a portfolio of contracts including the purchasing programme.
· To select the appropriate suppliers and to promote good procurement practice with due regard to sustainability, ethical purchasing standards and whole life costing.
· To actively promote the procurement function in the devolved purchasing environment.
· Carry out the duties of this post in a manner which promotes equality of opportunity and shows due respect for all stakeholders.
· Up to date with Market Intelligence, Industry best practices and benchmarking with global standards.
· Internal and External stakeholder management and active participation in production improvement initiatives.
· Degree in Engineering or equivalent.
· Qualification in Purchasing and Supply.
· 10 years’ experience in mining procurement of which 3 years should be at management level
· Good negotiation skills.
· Computer literate in MS office, Excel and Power Point.
· Knowledge of SAP operating system.
· Result oriented, ready to take up new challenges and able to work independently.
· Excellent communication skills
· Age – not more than 35 years
How to apply
Send their detailed CVs, photocopies of their academic/professional qualifications and any other relevant qualifications to email below: