Konkola Copper Mines (‘’KCM’’) is one of the largest copper producers in Zambia, which operates underground mines and open pit mines as well as metallurgical plants with operations located at Nchanga, Konkola, Nkana and Nampundwe. It is a subsidiary of Vedanta Resources plc (“Vedanta”), a London-listed Company. KCM is one of Zambia's largest private sector employers, with nearly 12,000 workers.
· Ensure that all service and product procurements and recommendations conform to the statutory regulations regarding mine safety, health and environment.
· Ensure transaction reductions through consolidated ordering strategies via forward purchase agreements and Annual rate contracts.
· Ensure Monthly system cleaning and closure of aged Purchase orders and requisitions. Develop special projects to improve on procurement and compliance processes as ERP refurbishment processes to improve subassembly compliance.
· Manage and develop manpower in order to ensure availability of skills and competencies for commercial department and cross functional know how for supporting departments and production teams.
· Ensure procurements for products and services are in line with operational budgets or approved capital expenditure requirements and establish value for money through value ads and OPM sourcing.
· Ensure feedback and improvement of Service/Product quality to internal customer delight as and when required.
· Daily maintenance of management systems.
· Degree in Engineering or equivalent.
· Qualification in Purchasing and Supply.
· At least 8 years’ experience in mining procurement
· Good negotiation skills.
· Computer literate in MS office, Excel and Power Point.
· Knowledge of SAP operating system.
· Result oriented, ready to take up new challenges and able to work independently.
· Excellent communication skills
· Age – not more than 35 years
• Mining & Metals, Chemicals, and Oil & Energy
• Employment type
• Mid-Senior level
• Job function
• Administrative, Purchasing, Supply Chain
• Meet Konkola Copper Mines plc
• Mining & Metals · 10001+ employees · Privately Held
How to apply
Send their detailed CVs, photocopies of their academic/professional qualifications and any other relevant qualifications to email below: