Peace Corps Zambia wishes to invite applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the position of Safety and Security Assistant (SSA).
· The role of the Safety and Security Assistant (SSA) is to provide administrative support to the safety and security program.
· The primary responsibilities of the SSA are ensuring security-related files are kept up-to-date; maintaining the Whereabouts reporting system
· Assisting in the analysis and reporting of security incidents
· Preparing reports, training materials, and other resource materials; and maintaining up-to-date contact information for local and national police, transportation, and consolidation points.
· In addition, the SSA will act as the back-up to the Safety and Security Manager (SSM). The Office of Safety and Security provides technical oversight of security related.
· The SSA reports to the SSM
· When the SSM is unavailable, the SSA may also be the contact point with the Peace Corps Safety and Security Officer (PCSSO), Regional Security Advisor (RSA), Embassy security officials, and local law enforcement agencies in carrying out the responsibilities designated below or as directed by the Country Director (CD).
Duties and responsibilities
· Supports and Verifies Safety and Security Policy Implementation
· Safety and Security Training
· Assists with the Support of Home-Stays and Site Identification
· Incident Reporting and Response
· Emergency Preparedness
· Analysis, Reports and Other Communications
· Represents the Safety and Security Programs
· Provides Back-Up Coverage for the Ssm Peace Corps/Zambia Safety And Security Assistant: Va- 02/2018
College diploma in any social science is required.
Three (3) years of substantive experience in the field of safety and security programs, relevant professional security or law enforcement is required.
Must have ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with other organizations, including local law enforcement, criminal justice, emergency management and other NGO/development agencies.
Good working knowledge of the English language both spoken and written including ability to conduct training and give presentations, in both English and in any of the commonly used local language. Good communication and interpersonal skills, including demonstrated ability to work as a team member in a fast paced and multi-cultural environment.
Ability to work with Microsoft Office Suite, and other basic computer knowledge is required.
Must have a valid and unrestricted Zambian driver’s license.
How to apply
Address applications to the undersigned:
The Human Resources Specialist,
Peace Corps Zambia,
71A Kabulonga Road,
PO Box 50707,