Zambia Sugar Plc., a large agro-industry which is part of Illovo Sugar Ltd, is the leading sugar producer ia Zambia. Its main activities are the growing of sugarcane, the production and marketing of sugar and other sugar downstream products. The Company has a permanent employee base of 1 700 employees and offers medical, educational, sport; recreation and other social tacilities on the Estate in Mazabuka.The recently expanded Nakambala Sugar Mill area comprises approximately 28 000 hectares of irrigated sugarcane. An approxirnately 1 7 000 hectares of the planted area is owned by Zambia Sugar Plc; and the balance of 11 000 hectares is owned by fourteen commercial Growers and three small-scale grower entities whose affairs are managed by the Estimated Recoverable Crystal (ENC) Committee comprising membership from Zambia Sugar Plc, and the Growers. The Company now invites applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the following position
• To plan, coordinate, implement sales and marketing operations in order to achieve set objectives.
• Achieving daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual sales target within approved trade terms.
• Enhance customer satisfaction and product experience by acting as a link between Zambia Sugar and its customers,
• Coordinating all sales and distribution activities in the market so as to realise economic returns and achieve set objectives,
• Contribute to crafting short, medium and long term sales and marketing strategies for the sustained growth of Zambia Sugar Plc.
• Gathering market intelligence for planning purposes and informed decision making.
• Ensuring market related information on pricing: contract processing, QA is availed to stakeholders always.
• Ensuring sales and distribution procedures are implemented to minimise audit queries.
• Implementing credit policy by ensuring trading terms are adhered to all the time.
• Implementing procedures pertaining to stock and materials management and movement.
• Ensuring online and offline sales and distribution procedures are adhered to.
• Coordinating and ensuring effective management of over the counter sales inspecting, maintaining and replacing POP and all advertising materials.
• Ensuring all Distributor and Agency contracts are signed offthe first month of every financial year.
• Negotiating both back store and shelf space to ensure smooth stock replenishing and shelf visibility.
• Preparing management reports.
• Managing all direct reports.
Qualification and Experience
• Grade 12 School Certificate.
• Degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Economics or equivalents.
• Three (3) yeats work experience in a similar role.
• High level ot computer literacy.
• Valid driving license.
• Must be a member ofZlM
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Creativity and innovative.
• Good negotation and advocacy skills.
How to apply
Send your detailed curriculum vitae and copies of educational and protessional qualifications, contact address, and phone numbers to the undersigned:
The Director – Human Resources,
Zambia Sugar Plc.
PO Box 670240,