Standard Chartered Bank Job Listing in is recruiting the following position:
• To be accountable for prompt and efficient handling of unpaid cheques.
• To be able to process cheques cleared through Sybrin and bilateral (manual clearing).
To validate all cheques and internally raised vouchers.
• To ensure all inward cheques images are validated in Sybrin.
• To ensure unpaids are returned through Sybrin to Zechl.
• To ensure technical verification is performed on cheque images and that amounts match in both words and figures.
• To ensure unpaids are processed in ebbs through ICRS and sent to Zechl through Sybrin system.
• To ensure timely acting to perform call backs on cheques above threshold limits.
• To ensure there are no missing cheques by checking and comparing totals against items received from clearing department.
• To ensure cheques validated agree in both the amounts in words and in figures.
• To ensure YUFIG messages are sent promptly for cheques unpaid with technical reasons.
• To ensure YUGIGs from other banks are acted on promptly and accounts debited.
• To ensure timely acting on YUFIG messages received from other banks.
• To reconcile suspense accounts and ensure no items above life span.
• To ensure no cheque inwards cause excesses on customer accounts.
• To ensure all inwards received for the day are validated and work balanced before end of day.
• To investigate and attend to queries pertaining to customer accounts.
• To prepare entries to be posted in EBBS.
• To ensure work and in coming cheques conform to money laundering regulations.
Knowledge & experience required:
• Five (5) ‘O’ Levels.
• Degree in banking and financial or equivalent from recognised university.
• 2 years banking experience.
• Knowledge of clearing rules and operation of Sybrin system.
• Computer literate.
• Customer focussed.
• Ability to interpret instructions.
• Good communication skills.
• Ability to plan, monitor and control effectively.
• High organisational skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills to build relationships with staff.
How to apply
Send your details to the link below: