First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do. In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents. With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
• The position holder will be required to adhere to all relevant requirements, policies, procedures and legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, as well as finance, human resources, and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the role and responsibilities of the function
• Law enforcement in order to ensure the wildlife area and its biological and non-biological assets safe and secure from all kinds of illegal activities in line with the mission, vision and values and operating procedures of the company;
• Monitor the status of wildlife and its habitat and recommend to management the appropriate intervention measures to be taken to ensure effective management of the wildlife area;
• Collate field data and process into information that will contribute to effective management of the wildlife area. This will include preparation and submission of field reports;
• Prepare work plans and budgets to support field operations in line with the operating procedures of the company.
• Should poses GIS skills
• Passion for teaching communities about wildlife conservation
• Degree or diploma in natural resources management from a reputable Institution.
• Certificate in natural resources management.
• Experience in wildlife management and specifically management of game wildlife areas. will be an added advantage.
• Must poses a drivers license.
• Strong verbal and written communication (in English) and people management skills.
• Teamwork – build relationships based on trust and respect
• Bold – internal locus of control
• Initiative – self starter
• Tenacious - driven
• Works with minimum supervision
• Results orientated – balance quality and quantity of work
How to apply
Send your applications to the link below: