First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do. In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents. With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world. The holder of this position will be required to adhere to all relevant requirements, policies, procedures and legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the role and responsibilities of the function.
• Welding out components using MIG and FCAW wire feeders
• Welding Exotic Metals such as aluminium and Various stainless steels
• Flame Cutting liners to correct dimensions
• Identifying different grade of carbon steels and selecting correct welding process.
• Troubleshooting and corrective maintenance of defective welding equipment
• Performing Fabrication work.
• Perform any other duties as directed by the Supervisor
• Grade Twelve Certificate
• Trade certificate or equivalent from recognised institution
• A member of the Engineering Institution of Zambia (EIZ)
Three (3) years’ experience in welding
Must have extensive knowledge of semi-automatic welding processes, MIG and FCAW
• Bold initiative
• Promote Safe Working practices.
• Upholding quality
• Technical Skill
• Driving attendance with a hands on approach, dynamic, drive
• Driving quantity
• Standby work required
• Overtime when necessary
• Exposure to dust, heat, noise and chemicals
How to apply
send your applications to the links below: