The U.S. Mission in Zambia is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the position of Mailroom Clerk.
The incumbent serves as one of three mail clerks, processes incoming and outgoing mail, maintains accurate records and files, distributes deliveries, explains mail handling procedures and regulations to customers, operates facsimile machines, and performs other duties as assigned.
S/he receives direct supervision from the Mailroom supervisor.
• Applicants must address each required qualification listed below with specific and comprehensive information sup
• EDUCATION: Successful completion of senior secondary school (Grade 12) is required
• EXPERIENCE: One year of experience in a customer service position and one year experience of driving vans and box trucks in a professional setting is required
• LANGUAGE: English level III (good working knowledge) both spoken and reading/writing is required. (This will be tested)
• SKILLS AND ABILITIES: A valid driver's license for vans and box trucks (Class C) is required, as is previous experience operating these types of vehicles in a professional setting. Must be proficient in typing, accurate data entry and Microsoft Office. Ability to lift and move items weighing up to 20 kilograms is required.
• JOB KNOWLEDGE: Must be able to perform filing and record keeping.
• Knowledge of Culture and customs relations between the two countries, rules and regulations of the host country and mail security screening and clearance procedures and couriers used by government for mail delivery
How to apply
U.S. Mission Zambia Subdivision,
Ibex Hill Road PO Box 320065,