Chambeshi Water and Sewerage Company Ltd (ChWSC), is the utility Company based in Northern and Muchinga Provinces of Zambia and in charge of providing water and sewerage services to the 12 districts. As a Company, we are the implementing agency of the National Vision with regard to water and sanitation in the urban towns of Muchinga and Northern Provinces. Our vision is “To be the most effectively managed utility in Zambia” by focusing on ensuring that our customers are delighted with the quality of our services.
• To contribute to the commercial and financial viability of the Company and its sustainability through effective business focused activities, customer care, efficient billing and prompt revenue collection.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Formulate and implement the company’s commercial policy and business strategy.
• Develop and implement an effective performance management strategy.
• Develop collection strategies and programmes to improve collection efficiency.
• Identifies opportunities that will lead to expansion of services and revenue.
• Identify, report and manage key risks facing the Company.
• Investigates and resolves major customer complaints.
• Monitors performance of the department against targets and budget and ensures corrective action is taken.
• Acts as a focal liaison on commercial issues between customers and CHWSC.
• Participates in community meeting with RDCs, Councillors etc. in order to explain ChWSC commercial policies and activities.
• Supervises, coaches, motivates, develops, disciplines subordinates, monitors and reviews performance of subordinates to ensure that they meet their agreed targets as stated in their performance contracts.
• Prepare timely, focused and sound management reports.
• Full Grade 12 certificate with 5 “O” level credits including Mathematics and English.
• Degree in Business Administration, Economics, Marketing or any other related business disciplines or Degree in Engineering with experience in business development.
• MBA will be an added advantage.
• Must have a minimum of 5 years post qualification experience in a reputable undertaking with 3 years at senior management level.
• Must be a member of a recognised institution in the respective profession.
• Strong organisational and time management skills, accuracy, deadline driven with excellent attention to detail.
• Team player with a flexible approach and willingness to learn.
• Ability to cope with pressure.
• Must have a valid driving license
How to apply
Send your CVs and certified copies of your academic and professional qualifications to:
The Managing Director,
Chambeshi Water and Sewerage Company Ltd,
690A Mubanga Chipoya Road,
PO Box 410397,