Chambeshi Water and Sewerage Company Limited (ChWSC), is the utility Company based in Northern and Muchinga Provinces of Zambia and in charge of providing water and sewerage services to the 12 districts. As a Company, we are the implementing agency of the National Vision with regard to water and sanitation in the urban towns of Muchinga and Northern Provinces. Our vision is “To be the most effectively managed utility in Zambia” by focusing on ensuring that our customers are delighted with the quality of our services. The National Vision with regard to water and sanitation is that 80% of Urban Zambians should have access to adequate and safe water by 2015 and 100% by 2030, while 68% of Urban Zambians must have access to adequate sanitation by 2015 and 90% by 2030. In order to achieve this vision, the Ministry of Local Government and Housing then developed and started implementing the National Urban Water Supply and Sanitation Program (NUWSSP). This program has continued under the newly established Ministry of Water Development, Sanitation and Environmental Protection. The Company now invites applications from suitably qualified Zambians to fill the following vacancies:
To manage the supply chain function by procuring goods and services for ChWSC in order to support smooth and efficient operations and service delivery
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Receives and scrutinizes purchase requisitions to ensure correctness of specifications and approved by authorized signatories.
• Maintains and updates regularly the list of suppliers in conformity with the Zambia Public Procurement Authority (ZPPA) and Company procedures and guidelines.
• Sends enquiries to suppliers as per approved suppliers list or the suppliers used before.
• Sources for at least three quotations from each selected supplier, evaluates received quotations and recommends preferred suppliers to Head Procurement, after taking into account the price, quality, delivery period and point of delivery for simple procurements.
• Raises purchase orders to selected suppliers and makes follow-ups with suppliers to collect goods or ensure timely delivery of the same.
• Makes follow-ups with suppliers to ensure compliance to specifications and delivery deadlines as to ensure timely receipt of specified goods and services.
• Organizes in consultation with the chairperson the monthly management tender committee meetings and acts as secretary/records proceedings and decisions reached to guide procurement of goods and services for the Company.
• Prepares bidding documents for formal tenders and manages tender opening and closing, tender evaluations and contract awards to ensure competitive tendering and adherence to ZPPA and Company procedures and guidelines.
• Sources new sources of supply, negotiates with suppliers better terms on prices, credit terms and discounts to ensure cost saving.
• Prepares timely annual procurement plans, procurement manuals and procurement reports in order to facilitate decision-making.
• Performs any other duties commensurate with qualifications and in line with the job as assigned by the supervisor from time to time.
• Full Grade 12 School Certificate.
• Degree in Purchasing and Supply or its equivalent.
• A minimum of 3 years post qualification experience.
• Member of the Zambia Institute of Purchasing & Supply (ZIPS).
• Knowledge of the ZPPA Act.
• Knowledge of Company tender procedures.
• Technical knowledge in procurements.
• Good negotiation skills.
• Good communication skills.
• High integrity and confidentiality.
• Computer literate (Word Processing, Spreadsheets and Internet).
• In possession of a Clean Driver’s license
How to apply
Send your CVs and certified copies of your academic and professional qualifications to:
The Managing Director,
Chambeshi Water and Sewerage Company Ltd,
690A Mubanga Chipoya Road,
PO Box 410397,