Zambia National Commercial Bank Plc (Zanaco) is inviting applications from suitably qualified and experienced individuals for the following job aimed at contributing to the Bank’s strategic vision, in the Commercial Divisionunder the Products and Channels Department to be based at Head Office:-
• To support the Transaction Products team and be responsible for new transaction product development initiation with a view of improving customer experience with the Bank while maintaining established controls and processes
To manage the department’s transaction product agenda.
Under the supervision of the Transaction Product Senior Specialist, the following are among the Job Key Responsibilities:-
• Manage the assigned transaction product portfolio life cycle from new product development to review and monitoring.
• Identifying market requirements for current and future products in liaison with stakeholder departments.
• Develop and manage assigned transaction products go-to-market plan, in liaison with the leadership team.
• Maximizing business value from assigned transaction products, optimizing transaction products to achieve the business goals while maximizing return on investment.
• Work with sales, marketing, channels and innovation teams to identify and understand needs and opportunities.
• Analyze customer and end-user engagement metrics and make data-driven decisions about future transaction product improvements for assigned customer segments.
• To understand assigned customer segment current and anticipate their future transaction needs through regular interaction with relevant stakeholders.
• Recommend new transaction products to develop and existing transaction products to decommission based on respective customer needs analysis and transaction product performance reviews
• Work closely with the marketing and sales teams to ensure the successful adoption of new transaction product features and functionality for assigned customer segments.
• Under the supervision of the Transaction Services Senior Specialist translate business needs into requirements, drive consensus, including developing assigned transaction product success metrics.
• Identifying and conducting interactions with assigned external transaction products stakeholders and key opinion formers.
• Input in discussions and decisions around product development options (i.e. bus vs build vs outsource/partner) for assigned customer segments
• To follow all aspects of the department’s policies, objectives and initiatives that relate to assigned transaction products.
• To work in close collaboration with stakeholder staff to optimize transaction products delivery through the Bank’s channels and give them the necessary promotions.
• Any other duties that will be assigned by management.
• External: Customers, third party service providers
• Internal: All Divisions
• Grade 12 Credit or above mandatory in Mathematics and English and any other three subjects.
• University Degree in relevant subject
• At least three (3)years in marketing product development and or sales
• Knowledge of Banking practices and operations, the external environment and regulatory environment.
• Knowledge of the local market, customers and competitors
• Proven ability to work with a larger cross-functional team
• Experience in financial services
Job Core Competencies
• Positive attitude
• Team player
• Efficient time management
• Strong knowledge of bank products and channels
• Understanding of product and channel market demands
• Cross selling abilities
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to understand and interpret customer needs
• Strong analytical, troubleshooting and problem solving skills
How to apply
Send applications MUST have an application/cover letter, copies of qualification certificates including Grade 12 and detailed curriculum vitae indicating the position being applied for in the subject line and should be sent by email: