Public Service Pensions Fund Board (PSPFB) is a creation of the Public Service Pensions (PSP) Act No. 35 of 1996, mandated to control and administer the Fund in accordance with sound best practices. The Board seeks to recruit an exceptional experienced individual who is outstanding, results oriented, innovative and highly motivated to fill up the position of Chief Executive. The candidate must build and model a great company culture, transform the Fund into a viable and sustainable scheme, must have proven record of leadership and ability to earn credibility by translating strategy into practical actions to run the Fund. The candidate is expected to raise the profile of the PSPFB to be the best public pension scheme dedicated to providing optimum and sustainable benefits to its members. The Chief Executive reports to the Board and is Secretary of the Board.
To provide overall strategic direction, coordination, monitoring, interpreting and implementing Public Service Pensions Fund governance issues, policies and programmes in order to effectively meet its functions as provided for under Public Service Pensions (PSP) Act.
The Chief executive is responsible for overall management of Public Service Pensions Fund (PSPF) within the provisions of the law, policies and guidelines.
• Directs the development and implementation of effective strategic plans, policies and operating guidelines to ensure PSPF conducts its business in line with its mission.
• Directs the establishment and implementation of effective financial and risk management systems and procedures for the Public Service Pensions Fund (PSPF).
• Reviews from time to time the PSPF performance against performance objectives and advises the Board of any performance impediment and merits.
• Ensures timely preparation of work plan and budget for timely submission to the Board for approval and ensure that expenses remain within approved limits.
• Coordinates and monitors PSPF plans and Programmes in order to maintain their sustainable management and development.
• Identify and recommend to the Board investment proposals in line with sound business practices in order to grow the investment portfolio and achieve financial health of the Fund.
• Undertake stakeholder engagement for the benefit of the Fund.
• Five (5) ‘O’ Levels or equivalent with a credit in English and Mathematics.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Economics; BSc in Pensions Management or Professional qualifications such as ACCA, CIMA or any other equivalent qualifications.
Master’s Degree in Business Administration (MBA), Pension Administration, Economics, Actuarial Science, or any other related field.
Relevant Pre-Job Experience:
10 years and above experience at senior management level.
Membership to a professional body.
Good knowledge and understanding of the pension industry.
The candidate must possess excellent skills in the following areas: Communication (both oral and written), analytical, problem solving, decision-making, creativity and innovation.
Contract Duration and Remuneration
This is a five (5) year renewable performance based contract
Competitive remuneration will be offered
Public Service Pensions Fund Board (PSPFB) is an equal opportunity employer and encourages both female and differently abled candidates to apply.
How to apply
Interested persons can send or bring in person their application letters accompanied by not more than six (6) paged Curriculum Vitae (CV) and enclose 4 passport size photos, certified photocopies of educational and professional certificates including details of three (3) contactable references. Application letters which should be clearly marked “POSITION OF Chief Executive” must be sent to the following addresses on or before 26thJanuary, 2018 at 14:00 Hours Zambian Time.
The Board Chairman,
Public Service Pensions Fund Board,
Public Service Pensions House,
Third Floor Room 45 (Tender Box),
7535 Sapele Road,
PO Box 38411,