Barrick Lumwana Mining Company Ltd (LMC), a copper mining company owned by Barrick Gold Corporation is situated in the North Western region of Zambia, some 300 km west of the Zambian Copperbelt and 95 km south west of the provincial capital of Solwezi. The mine is a multi-pit, multi staged operation mining approximately 100MT of ore and waste per annum and producing copper concentrates containing an average of 120,000 tonnes of copper metal per year over a twenty (20) year mine life, making Lumwana the largest single open cut copper mine in Africa. The Company is now looking for an experienced and qualified individual to be considered for the position of Technical Advisor – Maintenance Planning.
• Reporting to the Coordinator – Maintenance Planning, you will Provide Long Term Planners with direction in the creation of work packs and schedules for plant breakdown, routine and shutdown maintenance
• Assign, coordinate and manage resources for the efficient completion of shutdown and weekly maintenance, minor capital projects and maintenance support service
• Preparation of technical procedures, work instructions, equipment and systems evaluations
• Responsible for advising long term planners on work priorities and ensure that activities are undertaken in accordance with business needs
• Mentor and lead planners to produce detailed planned work orders and schedules using the Lumwana Pronto CMMS
• Manage and develop the creation of weekly, equipment overhaul and shutdown schedules through Microsoft Project
• Facilitate Reliability Centred Maintenance (RCM) audits and analysis.
• Control information in PM tasks in Pronto as identified through RCM analyses.
• Keep the Maintenance Planning Coordinator informed on progress and specific job problems
• Control creation and modification of standard job information in Pronto.
• Develop continuous improvement strategies and communicate and apply accordingly.
• Identify opportunities for continuous improving of maintenance processes and systems.
• Develop and maintain the equipment strategies workflow process.
• Achievement of maintenance targets in the most cost effective manner within budget.
• Ensure all component change out PM activities have safety instructions.
• Ensure work orders are sufficiently planned, with resources and steps detailed to the point that a competent artisan can carry out the work.
• Conduct regular audits and onsite inspections of planned work activities to gain efficiency and or operational planning improvement intelligence.
• Provide personal forward work load projections and identify in advance periods of over and or under commitment.
• Review in RCM reviews and subsequently update information in Pronto tasks.
• Manage the preparation of standard job descriptions for work of a repetitive or complex nature.
• Prepare weekly and monthly maintenance department reports on section activities.
• Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
• Member of the Engineering Institution of Zambia.
• Minimum Ten (10) years maintenance planning and engineering experience in the mining industry.
• Experienced in managing and development of weekly, equipment overhaul and shutdown schedules through Microsoft Project
• Experience in large multi pit operations utilising large scale mining equipment.
• Experienced in the development and maintaining of the equipment strategies workflow process
• Experience in Reliability Centred Maintenance (RCM) audits and analysis
• Experience in budgeting process and cost controls for maintenance department
• Be physically fit and be able to pass a pre-employment medical examination.
• Good computer skills with the ability to use integrated management systems, word processing, presentation and spreadsheet applications.
• Experience in the use of a recognized CMMS preferably Pronto
• Must have a current driver’s licence.
• Zambian Nationals who meet requirements for this position and are resident in Zambia are strongly encouraged to apply
• If you meet the requirements, submit your online application by clicking ‘APPLY NOW’.
• Applicants may be subjected to any of the following: a Security and / or Police Clearance Check; a Competence Assessment, Qualifications, Credit and Reference Checks.
How to apply
Send your applications to the link below: