Barrick Lumwana Mining Company Ltd (LMC), a copper mining company owned by Barrick Gold Corporation is situated in the North Western region of Zambia, some 300 km west of the Zambian Copperbelt and 95 km south west of the provincial capital of Solwezi. The mine is a multi-pit, multi staged operation mining approximately 100MT of ore and waste per annum and producing copper concentrates containing an average of 120,000 tonnes of copper metal per year over a twenty (20) year mine life, making Lumwana the largest single open cut copper mine in Africa. The Company is now looking for an experienced and qualified individual to be considered for the position of Budget Officer:
• Reporting to the Business Systems Supervisor, you will be responsible to analyse, and prepare budget and cost reports and forecasts for budget owners, process invoices, accruals and claims.
• Your duties will include but not limited to the following:
• Monitor cost control on a month to month basis.
• Monitor the status of budget spending by constantly reviewing expenses against budget.
• Develop and present OPEX and CAPEX cost and variance reports to Budget owners.
• Responsible for all budget controls.
• Conduct purchase order and work order auditing.
• Responsible for processing of component warranty claims.
• Process component core returns.
• Budget forecasting monthly, quarterly and annually.
• Work with the coordinator and supervisor to achieve production and cost targets in conjunction with the daily, weekly and monthly mining plans that correspond with the annual production target
• Review capital requirements prepared by direct reports and submit for approval..
• Identify specific areas for cost improvement and ensure the development and implementation of action plans to achieve these gains.
• Carrying out additional tasks that may be assigned from time to time by the Supervisor.
• Diploma in Commerce, Finance or Accounting
• At least 2 years experience in the Mining Industry
• Experience in the use of a recognized CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management Systems) preferably PRONTO
• Must have good record keeping skills
• Good computer skills with the ability to use integrated management systems, word processing, presentation and spreadsheet applications.
• Zambian Nationals who meet requirements for this position and are resident in Zambia are strongly encouraged to apply
• Applicants may be subjected to any of the following: a Security and / or Police
• Clearance Check; a Competence Assessment, Qualifications, Credit and Reference Checks
How to apply
Send your applications to the link below: