Zambia National Commercial Bank Plc (ZANACO) is inviting applications from suitably
qualified members of staff with relevant experience for the following job aimed at
contributing to the Bank’s strategic vision, in the Operations Division under the
Facilities and Premises Department to be based at Head Office:-
• Job Purpose Responsible for supporting the Head Commercial and Agriculture Banking in developing and delivering plans and initiatives that will ensure the successful development and implementation of the Bank’s Commercial and Agriculture Banking Strategy and plans
To provide support in researching and analysing the Bank’s Commercial and Agriculture Banking Performance in order to highlight areas requiring targeted interventions to ensure achievement of the department’s overall strategic goals.
• Under the supervision of the Head Commercial & Agriculture Banking, the following are among the Job Key Responsibilities:-
• To collect data for developing relevant business planning models for the Commercial and Agriculture Banking strategic planning process
• To develop and adapt reports on key performance indicators to ensure that business managers can measure, monitor and continuously improve performance
• To assist in the planning, developing and coordination of the production of performance reports
• To support the development of surveys and audits for supporting service developments
• Participate and contribute in the development and formulation process of the Commercial and Agriculture Banking strategy as may be required by the Head Commercial and Agriculture.
• Assist the Sales Team with the formulation of realistic budgets and forecasts by providing analysis and statistical information on portfolio performance
• Act as liaison between the Business and other support functions to provide management information and ensure adherence to set deadlines e.g. adherence to budget timelines
• To conduct economic, financial and market research, collecting and analysing data
• Conducting periodic analysis of all Commercial and Agriculture Banking performance Management Information (MI) using selected metrics
• Identify and interpret trends and utilise information to provide business performance improvement advice on focus areas for the various Commercial and Agriculture Banking segments
• Monitor and track achievements against target for key metrics
• Prepare and present detailed business performance reports for the Head Commercial and Agriculture Banking to all relevant committees and stakeholders.
• Preparation of Commercial and Agriculture Banking credit portfolio performance review reports to the Board Risk Committee and the main Board in liaison with the Credit MIS business partner
• Preparation of analysed management information in a timely and accurate manner to support the decision scope for management
• To assist with benchmarking analysis for services
• To support business managers in developing performance improvement initiatives and strategies to support business performance improvement
• Develop or formulate analytical tools to help with the projections for both balance sheet and revenue
• Manage and collect information on Commercial and Agriculture Banking deals pipeline
• Working with Finance to ensure the accurate application of FTP on a monthly basis
• Track FX revenue from Treasury on all Commercial & Agriculture customers on a monthly basis
• To interpret and provide accurate and timely information to key stakeholders in the required format to facilitate decision making process
• To assist in preparations of presentations for different stakeholder engagements
• To develop and support high quality data standards
• Any other responsibilities or tasks as maybe assigned by management
• Internal/External Contact Internal: All Divisions
• External: Clients/Customers
• Grade 12 Credit or above mandatory in Mathematics and English and any other three subjects
• University Degree in Business or relevant subject
• Diploma in Banking and Finance/Accountancy Studies will be an added advantage
• Three (3) years of Commercial/Business Banking experience and management of complex information.
• Job Core Competencies
• Strong tactical, communication, planning and execution skills
• Excellent communication and analysis skills.
• Creative, out of the box thinker.
• Strong facilitation and presentation skills.
• Flexible and adaptable; able to work in ambiguity.
• MS Office proficiency.
• Attention to detail.
• Customer service orientation.
• Drive for results.
• Communication skills.
• Verbal and written communication.
• Analytical skills.
• Project management skills
How to apply
All applications MUST have an application/cover letter, copies of qualification certificates including Grade 12 and detailed curriculum vitae indicating the position being applied for in the subject line and should be sent by email: