Save the Children aims to be a place where world class people of diverse backgrounds work together to support to improve the lives of children. We also need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. When you are applying for a role with us, please ensure that you provide us with details of your work experience and some detail around your responsibilities within each role. All jobs close at midnight GMT on the date specified.
Deputy Field Office Manager - Zambia
Programme Operations Team, Zambia
Grade: 2 Post Type: National
• Level 3 - the responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with or access to children or young people
The Deputy Field Office Manager is responsible for supporting development and management of the field office; working in collaboration with Sponsorship Field Office Manager
The Deputy Field Office Manager will ensure proper coordination of field activities/tasks related to humanitarian response, Human Resources, finance, logistics, administration, security
• The post-holder will also be expected to effectively and efficiently coordinate operations systems, processes and activities so that programmes are delivered on time according to organisational strategy, donor requirements and within allocated budget
Scope Of Role:
Reports to: Sponsorship Field Office Manager
Staff directly reporting to this post: Education Project Manager, Health & Nutrition Project Manager, Finance Coordinator, HR /Admin Officer, IT Officer, Logistics Officer.
• Oversee that support services work is closely aligned with Save the Children organisational objectives, is implemented in strict conformity with organisation policies/ procedures, donor agreements, and meets the highest standards of technical quality
• Provide support to Sponsorship Field Office Manager for management of all support services /activities in the field office.
• Work with logistics teams to ensure timely procurement, storage and distribution of supplies and services for the timely delivery of project objectives.
• Ensure high quality reports on operational aspects against the indicators agreed in relevant work plans
• Support adherence to financial and budget holder reporting requirements, support the preparation of timely donor proposals and adherence to donor and Save the Children reporting deadlines
• Ensure that existing finance guidelines and related administrative procedures are adhered to
• Participate in the elaboration and implementation of the Country Strategy Plan (CSP), the Country Annual Plan, and other strategic planning processes as may be required by the Zambia programme
• Manage and motivate staff under his/her direct supervision, ensuring that they have clear objectives and receive meaningful feedback on their performance
• Ensure optimal security management procedures and practices are in place and continually monitor the security situation, adapting staff safety procedures accordingly
• Ensure that security guidelines are updated and adhered to
• Manage team; define expectations, provide leadership and technical support as needed, and evaluate direct reports regularly.
• Ensure compliance with all relevant Save the Children policies and procedures with respect to child Safeguarding health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies.
• The Children values.
• Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
• Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves (and their teams), takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
• Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
• Future orientated, thinks strategically
• Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters.
• Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength.
• Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
• Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions.
• Willing to take disciplined risks.
• Honest, encourages openness and transparency.
• Graduate Level In Development Studies Or Equivalent.
• Four (4) years’ work experience of managing field based operations in challenging areas.
• Extensive experience in operations management and ability to lead and support a team working from remote locations
• Proven experience supervising large teams
• Strong team management and capacity-building skills and experience.
• Solid experience in budget management in line with standard procedures.
• Experience in management of Human Resources, finance, logistics, administration and IT.
• Ability to support project proposal development and high quality reports.
• A high level of written and spoken English.
• Ability to work with limited supervision and to use own initiative.
• Ability to analyze information, evaluates options, think and plan strategically.
• Politically and culturally sensitive, with patience, tact and diplomacy.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
• Skills And Behaviours (Our Values In Practice)
• Holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save
How to apply
Send your details to the link below: